Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I fancy a change . . .

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Jollyjoiner

I fancy a change . . .

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm

liffy99 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 am Would love to see how on Earth you fit your nearly 2m in !
Perhaps the key is that most people here seem to use their Z4s for short blasts.
OK, I am retired now, so don’t clock up large annual mileages any more, but I still venture a couple of hours away twice a month and would love to do a Euro tour or similar.
TTRS ? If only I had another £20k :D
TTS offers much of the same and is way better value.
Not necessarily an Audi man - have owned TT Mk1 and the S4, also BMW 530i and 130i as well as a couple of V6 Passats and several Golf GTIs back in the day.
In desperation I’ve been trawling the www - 6 series (metal folding roof ?), M4 (running costs - eek) ?
Right may I just add one bit to all this.......can you please stop saying your RETIRED.......me no likey.......I've got another 16 years to do :cry:
:P
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

I fancy a change . . .

Post by Nictrix » Sat May 25, 2019 6:33 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm
liffy99 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 am Would love to see how on Earth you fit your nearly 2m in !
Perhaps the key is that most people here seem to use their Z4s for short blasts.
OK, I am retired now, so don’t clock up large annual mileages any more, but I still venture a couple of hours away twice a month and would love to do a Euro tour or similar.
Not necessarily an Audi man - have owned TT Mk1 and the S4, also BMW 530i and 130i as well as a couple of V6 Passats and several Golf GTIs back in the day.
In desperation I’ve been trawling the www - 6 series (metal folding roof ?), M4 (running costs - eek) ?
Right may I just add one bit to all this.......can you please stop saying your RETIRED.......me no likey.......I've got another 16 years to do :cry:
Think yourself lucky, I have at least 21 to go :(
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

I fancy a change . . .

Post by buzyg » Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:33 pm
Jollyjoiner wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm
Think yourself lucky, I have at least 21 to go :(
Oh now I feel much better. :D

liffy99

I fancy a change . . .

Post by liffy99 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Tee hee
You will never know how you managed to fit work in.
Retire asap and look at FIRE (financial independence retire early)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

I fancy a change . . .

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 pm

liffy99 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:28 pm Tee hee
You will never know how you managed to fit work in.
Retire asap and look at FIRE (financial independence retire early)
Final salary pensions are what you need - I retired 5 years ago and it's the best career move I ever made! :lol:

Apologies Jollyjoiner. :oops:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

I fancy a change . . .

Post by enzed4 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:17 am

liffy99 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:03 am Am I missing something seat wise ? Are there standard as opposed to sports seats that may offer an extra couple of cm ? Some have suggested to move the seat forward an inch to be able to tilt it back more, but it needed more than an inch to do this and that then compromised leg room.
The 35i come with 'SE' seats (or Standard?) if yo don't have the m-sport version. These are missing the adjustable thigh thingys (what are they called - cushions? Bolsters?) and have less bolster on the sides so aren't as 'snug' as the m-sports. I was happy to find they weren't as bad as the E85 SE seats and actually hold you quite well.
I don't know if that gives them any more reach or rake, probably not, but you should try one and see if it is any different to the m-sport versions.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Jollyjoiner

I fancy a change . . .

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 am

I'd love to take a pension early but I paid into a final salary pension for nearly 20 years and in those years company got sold, guy took 35 million out of pension pot (they could do that then in 1990) left it under funded. Company sold again and then in 2004 went into administration and the pension nearly went with it.
I still will get something from it bit it's very small, no lump sum and some of that is made up by the FSA .

I'm not bitter :x

Sorry for my rant
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)