Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear discs, pads and exhaust.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
chilistrucker

Post by chilistrucker » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 pm

Few more questions from a new owner.
Only had the car since Saturday and really loving it so far, I had no idea they are such a fantastic car to drive and I really love the level of kit it has :thumbsup:
When I viewed it I did have some thoughts that the rear discs would probably need changing, sadly I'm no mechanic and am bloody useless with tools :oops:
Luckily a good mate is pretty handy and on looking at the car early this morning he said they do need doing, and as he has a euro carparts account and there was an offer on we ordered the bits today consisting of new rear discs and pads for all round, all the brake parts are Pagid and I've also ordered 5 ltr of Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30 to keep in the shed :thumbsup:

All in inc VAT £185.82 which seems a cracking deal to me, am I right? had to do it on the quick as offer ends midnight tonight.

Exhaust wise what are the options for a bit of an upgrade. Nothing wrong with mine apart from the tarnished tailpipes but I would be up for a bit more noise exhaust wise, nothing bonkers, just a bit of an upgrade. Any thoughts?

Hayward and Scott are 5 miles from me and may pop down there in the near future for a chat.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 pm

chilistrucker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 pm Few more questions from a new owner.
Only had the car since Saturday and really loving it so far, I had no idea they are such a fantastic car to drive and I really love the level of kit it has :thumbsup:
When I viewed it I did have some thoughts that the rear discs would probably need changing, sadly I'm no mechanic and am bloody useless with tools :oops:
Luckily a good mate is pretty handy and on looking at the car early this morning he said they do need doing, and as he has a euro carparts account and there was an offer on we ordered the bits today consisting of new rear discs and pads for all round, all the brake parts are Pagid and I've also ordered 5 ltr of Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30 to keep in the shed :thumbsup:

All in inc VAT £185.82 which seems a cracking deal to me, am I right? had to do it on the quick as offer ends midnight tonight.

Exhaust wise what are the options for a bit of an upgrade. Nothing wrong with mine apart from the tarnished tailpipes but I would be up for a bit more noise exhaust wise, nothing bonkers, just a bit of an upgrade. Any thoughts?

Hayward and Scott are 5 miles from me and may pop down there in the near future for a chat.
Hi, has the low brake warning appeared on the dash? I think it’s resettable if still orange but if it’s gone to red you’ll need a new sensor in order to reset the light.
Is your zed a 23i? If so you’re going to need more than 5litres of oil-I think they take 6.5litres :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:55 am

chilistrucker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 pm Few more questions from a new owner.

Eurocarparts are like DFS and SCS. They have a sale on for 90% of the year. If you shop around with other retailers you will see that ECP non-sale prices are double that of everyone else.

Not knocking ECP at all, I use them for most of my purchases, but don't go overboard and buy stuff you don't need because of the 37% sale, because next week they will have 50 or 60% off. In fact I'm pretty sure they had a 60% sale on Monday when I bought a new cabin filter for the Z.

Another word of caution with ECP is quality of parts. If you keep with the big names like Pagid, Textar, Brembo and ATE for the brakes then you will be fine. But they also sell trash no-name parts that have a bad rep for longevity.

chilistrucker

Post by chilistrucker » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:37 pm

Cheers 👍
Yes it’s the 23i so I need to get some more oil. Car was serviced 5000 miles ago and no warning lights on but I just wanted the oil for the shed. I’ll get another 1 and a filter ready for the future.

The rear discs still have some life so I won’t be changing just yet. Fronts are fine. I’ll prob wait till the discs need doing and do everything in 1 go.

I did get a bit blinded by the ‘sale’ offer so thanks for the heads up:)

Discs and pads for all round that I got are all Pagid, thanks again for info.

rooha

Post by rooha » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:48 pm

just as an fyi i got pagid front and rear discs and pads last summer for about £135 at ECP ... so as previously said dont buy there unless its marked at least 50% off.