Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Zealand Launch tonight

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Kiwi

New Zealand Launch tonight

Post by Kiwi » Sun May 10, 2009 4:55 am

We had our first look at the new Z4 and I must say it's a nice SLK convertible but not a Z4 roadster. The roof is really slow to open and close and the build quality was a bit cheap. I never got to drive the two cars it's a couple of weeks until we can.

I also thought there was less room between the centre consul and the door for my legs and the cup holders suck.

New Zealand are getting the Z2.5, 3 and the 3.5. The pricing is about 10-25% more than the out going Z depending on model.

Wondermike

Re: New Zealand Launch tonight

Post by Wondermike » Sun May 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Build quality seemed pretty impressive to me, much much better than the E85 in terms of build and materials used, and better than the SLK which is really well screwed together but has some cheap materials in places.

You get the same models as us, and same pricing. How much will the Nissan 370Z be in NZ, seeing as you are closer to them. German cars are expensive in NZ anyway aren't they?

Kiwi

Re: New Zealand Launch tonight

Post by Kiwi » Tue May 12, 2009 8:41 am

What I ment by build quilaty was the large gaps bewteen panels around the hod and rear. I could almost get my finger in between.

To give you an idea of price the Z3si Auto is $110,000nz or $66,000us the Nissan 370Z is $75,000nz or $45,000