Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS

Post by GAZA62 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 am

Had a quick look at one and its a lot lot better in the flesh.

Was a top of the range model on the split rims black with a cream interior very smart even the interior suprised me looks a lot less fussy in the flesh but the colour choice of materials can make or break that one.

The back looks a lot more chunky than in the pics and the car seemed to be sitting quite low which helped but could have been due to parked on a slope sadly the car was not there long went out for a test drive so never got to sit in it and have a better gander but was not expecting to be that impressed.

The car as we know is aimed at a different market a lot more refined but who knows if i keep my current Z for another 3-4 years i will be in my 50s so it may suit me then although the boot space is an issue.
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Re: NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS

Post by RustyZ4 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:11 am

I have yet to see one, where did you see it out of interest, Coopers at Aylesford? just so I can sneek a look :D
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:24 am

Stephen James Ruxley to be honest not a lot going on it was parked outside i left my invite in the car as i was popping in to buy a trim part but had i gone to Blackheath branch where my mate works think they were giving out free drinks and food which they did for the new Mini.
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

ksher
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ksher » Sat May 09, 2009 11:25 am

I got to my local dealer just after 09:00 this morning. They only had 35i (Deep Sea Blue with multi-spoke wheels) in the showroom, and test drive will only be available from Monday.
Current BMW: 640d Gran Coupe M Sport (F06), 118d SE (F20).
Previous BMW: Z4 sDrive23i M Sport (E89), 318i Sport (F30), 120d SE (F20), Z4 2.5i Sport Roadster (E85), 523i Sport (E60), 323Ci (E46), 523i SE (E39), 318i (E36).

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Sat May 09, 2009 6:23 pm

I just got back from my local dealers launch.

To be honest, the new Z4 didn't jump out at me as a WOW! Well built and it is a nice car (that roof is quite cool), but not enough to to tempt me into one! I don't think I could live with that boot space, especially with the roof down. I think I'm still a Coupe man mind as I prefer the new Z4 with the roof up!

I was quite pleased when I looked at my Z4 in the car park outside, I thought it looked quite cool, especially as there were a few people looking at it! :P

They did an interesting line up in the showroom. They had a Z3M Roadster, Z4 Roadster and the new Z4 in line down the showroom. To be honest, the car that caught my eye when I walked in was the Z3M!! Looked a lot beefier than both of the Z4's to be honest (interior a bit dated though!).
They also had a new Merc and Audi TT outside so you could compare them to the new Z4 which I thought was quite a brave move, but the new Z4 did look better than those 2, especially the interior!

I liked it, but the bank balance will be safe for a while yet! :P Free food and drink was good also! 8)
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Darren M

Post by Darren M » Sat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Breaker wrote:I just got back from my local dealers launch.

To be honest, the new Z4 didn't jump out at me as a WOW! Well built and it is a nice car (that roof is quite cool), but not enough to to tempt me into one! I don't think I could live with that boot space, especially with the roof down. I think I'm still a Coupe man mind as I prefer the new Z4 with the roof up!

I was quite pleased when I looked at my Z4 in the car park outside, I thought it looked quite cool, especially as there were a few people looking at it! :P

They did an interesting line up in the showroom. They had a Z3M Roadster, Z4 Roadster and the new Z4 in line down the showroom. To be honest, the car that caught my eye when I walked in was the Z3M!! Looked a lot beefier than both of the Z4's to be honest (interior a bit dated though!).
They also had a new Merc and Audi TT outside so you could compare them to the new Z4 which I thought was quite a brave move, but the new Z4 did look better than those 2, especially the interior!

I liked it, but the bank balance will be safe for a while yet! :P Free food and drink was good also! 8)

Didn`t see it today, didn`t want to go along with the many other common tourists on a marketing day.
I shall book my own personal appointment away from the tourists........not that I`m up my own ar*e or anything :rofl:

I know it won`t be for me. If I don`t swap to an ///M Coupe I have a feeling my next car will be Caymen which would be a shame as I`ve always owned BMW`s
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Sat May 09, 2009 11:32 pm

To be honest I went down to the dealers about 3.30 and was surprised how few people were there! I did see an older couple placing an order though!
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 am

I'll have to have a look this week when I go to get my new key and a few other bits and bobs.

I have a feeling I won't be impressed, BUT, I'll sit in it and have a play anyway, as I can't really say on the looks until I've seen it in the skin. I'm sure it'll be nice of course, in an SLK way, but it won't have me wanting to upgrade I don't think (like I could afford it anyway :) )

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior