Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Blinded

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
road warrior

Blinded

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 pm

gasps - how does andy know what i look like - thats uncanny ! even down to the bri nylon shirt :rofl:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

eff1guy

Blinded

Post by eff1guy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:41 pm

The gloves are just sooooo wrong though. Mine have the velcro fastening across the top of the wrist with the semi-circular cutout to aid removal. The stretchy elasticated look is just too tacky for me. It looks like he's going gardening not driving :cpilot:
Next Z landed ..... Z3 3.0i Sport Roadster

Z4 35iS ..... Gone to a new home

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Blinded

Post by BMWZ4MC » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:19 am

flybobbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:46 pm Would help if the windshield didn't chip so easily. Mine is covered in very fine chips. Probably rare for them to break, due the angle, but in a way can't wait to get a new windshield in.
Mine too, it’s bloody annoying! Strangely, I have few stone chips elsewhere on the front of the car.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

road warrior

Blinded

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:21 am

eff1guy wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:41 pm The gloves are just sooooo wrong though. Mine have the velcro fastening across the top of the wrist with the semi-circular cutout to aid removal. The stretchy elasticated look is just too tacky for me. It looks like he's going gardening not driving :cpilot:
Faints, well if those gloves are good enough for simon the Saint , they are good enough for me.. :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

noiseboy72

Blinded

Post by noiseboy72 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am

One simple improvement - clean and polish the windscreen inside and out.

My mother was suffering from terrible glare in her little Peugeot and after I spent an hour deep cleaning it, she reported a massive improvement.

My winter regime in any car before a night drive is to clean the headlights and windscreen inside and out. Takes a couple of minutes, but is very noticeable if I don't do it!!
E85 2.5si Sport in dark blue. Calibre CC S wheels

What could possibly go wrong!

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Blinded

Post by firebobby » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 am

noiseboy72 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am One simple improvement - clean and polish the windscreen inside and out.

My mother was suffering from terrible glare in her little Peugeot and after I spent an hour deep cleaning it, she reported a massive improvement.

My winter regime in any car before a night drive is to clean the headlights and windscreen inside and out. Takes a couple of minutes, but is very noticeable if I don't do it!!
Very true. Amazing how mucky a pollen filter gets, this really helps keep the inner screen clean :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Hunter

Blinded

Post by Hunter » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:13 pm

chasBMW wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:43 pm
Andyturbo2000 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:46 am First world problems gents....file next to ‘Winter Tyres’
you are either a tw@t or an idiot i just cant decide which :thumbsdown:
Those were my initial thoughts, and I’m not sure it has to be an either or an or...
E89 S Drive 35iS

Tinker15

Blinded

Post by Tinker15 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:39 am

Andyturbo2000 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:44 pm Lol. The typical z4 forum poster

Nice selfie!
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D
TVR Chimaera 450 (now sold)

extrablatt

Blinded

Post by extrablatt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:49 pm

I came from the same school of look down and to the left with oncoming cars and to avoid the dazzle. I probably do it subconsciously now as I don’t notice it anymore.

I used to have a different problem with a previous car without halogen lights and I never felt confident driving on country lanes because I always felt like I couldn’t see enough of the road. It’s never been a problem, ever since I’ve had xenons.
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey

road warrior

Blinded

Post by road warrior » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:16 pm

i bought these this week , amazon delivered them today - sunday.. !
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

6.99 for 2 pairs of polarised clip on sunglasses :o impossible to go wrong
they seem well made well pckaged and even came with a cleaning cloth

BeeEmm

Blinded

Post by BeeEmm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:41 pm

road warrior wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:16 pm i bought these this week , amazon delivered them today - sunday.. !

6.99 for 2 pairs of polarised clip on sunglasses impossible to go wrong
Flip-up, clip on's, really?
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Andyturbo2000

Blinded

Post by Andyturbo2000 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am

Now you’re just being silly 😜
road warrior wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:16 pm i bought these this week , amazon delivered them today - sunday.. !

6.99 for 2 pairs of polarised clip on sunglasses :o impossible to go wrong

road warrior

Blinded

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 am

Me be silly ? Naw. :rofl:
Thing is though, aside from looking like a t**t, it allows me to see when others can't, it combines subscription classes with sunglasses, and is so cheap it's ridiculous. My boots subscription glasses cost 400 quid a pair but a bright day in the z4 and I'm blinded, I also have some polarized prescription glasses but they become tricky when it gets dark of course. So it's a choice I suppose. Look like a t**t and see, or look cool and be blinded.

road warrior

Blinded

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Hunter wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Marekdawg wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:26 pm
Hunter wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:23 am Ive just ordered the glasses you have suggested..will let you know how they perform....
Looking forwards to see your thoughts.
I'm 23 and suffer with the same blinding issue - I don't have any sight issues or wear glasses.
I have just put it down to the stance of the Zed, I try to avoid country roads that I don't know at night. Would appreciate something to help! Can then enjoy the Zed at night without worrying about driving off the damn road! :lol:
I have had the glasses suggested above and im not at all convinced that they are polarised as advertised. They do react to light well though and darken and lighten quite markedly. I haven't really had the option to use them at night yet mainly due to the time of the year (Christmas) but I have quite a long drive to do on the 28th (Nottingham to Glasgow) and then back on the 29th, so il be able to you more then.
if they darken then they cant be polarised , i have been told its not possible to have polarised glasses darken - its one or the other.

Hunter

Blinded

Post by Hunter » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:05 pm

road warrior wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 pm
Hunter wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Marekdawg wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:26 pm Looking forwards to see your thoughts.
I'm 23 and suffer with the same blinding issue - I don't have any sight issues or wear glasses.
I have just put it down to the stance of the Zed, I try to avoid country roads that I don't know at night. Would appreciate something to help! Can then enjoy the Zed at night without worrying about driving off the damn road! :lol:
I have had the glasses suggested above and im not at all convinced that they are polarised as advertised. They do react to light well though and darken and lighten quite markedly. I haven't really had the option to use them at night yet mainly due to the time of the year (Christmas) but I have quite a long drive to do on the 28th (Nottingham to Glasgow) and then back on the 29th, so il be able to you more then.
if they darken then they cant be polarised , i have been told its not possible to have polarised glasses darken - its one or the other.
There are a few companies that produce lenses that do both..new technologies.....
E89 S Drive 35iS