Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner Service follow-up & BMW Insured Warranty

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 am

you have to wonder at the world and mindset the suited and booted main dealer staff live in, to be able to stand with a straight face and arrive at these numbers without once thinking these prices are outragous ... :o
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:30 am

i look at the rise of korean cars in the world and you have to wonder if they ever wonder they might be pricing themselves out of the market one day - not today, but in ten years ? and no i dont want one, but i bet in 10 years time what you can buy for 20k will make bmw's head spin..
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

step_change

Post by step_change » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:37 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am
road warrior wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 am and following on.. how much if that work done ourselves excluding swearing and skinned knuckles is a given . :rofl:
Call it £900 in parts and a days labour doing yourself.....that’s with a few brews and a ham sarnie thrown in.

Bloody robbing stealers.....2k my arse.... :x :wink:
That is true. However, that assumes you have the tools, knowledge and most of all, the time to do such work. I most certainly haven't mate to spend hours in the garage. A bit of tinkering sure.
Gone :( : 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:31 pm

step_change wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:37 pm
john-e89 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am
road warrior wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 am and following on.. how much if that work done ourselves excluding swearing and skinned knuckles is a given . :rofl:
Call it £900 in parts and a days labour doing yourself.....that’s with a few brews and a ham sarnie thrown in.

That is true. However, that assumes you have the tools, knowledge and most of all, the time to do such work. I most certainly haven't mate to spend hours in the garage. A bit of tinkering sure.
That’s for sure Step change, it’s not for everybody but it just proves my point how much the stealers are robbing customers that even someone at home with the tools and desire to tackle it would only take a day at most, so the stealers what, the morning at most with the tools, ramps, and experience. There’s making a profit and then there’s absolutely taking the p***, especially when they don’t even do the whole job on say, a service, as they didn’t on my 35is which I had to have done there for new car warranty purposes. Charging me for parts they hadn’t even fitted. :x
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:39 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:31 pm
step_change wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:37 pm
john-e89 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am Call it £900 in parts and a days labour doing yourself.....that’s with a few brews and a ham sarnie thrown in.

That’s for sure Step change, it’s not for everybody but it just proves my point how much the stealers are robbing customers that even someone at home with the tools and desire to tackle it would only take a day at most, so the stealers what, the morning at most with the tools, ramps, and experience. There’s making a profit and then there’s absolutely taking the p***, especially when they don’t even do the whole job on say, a service, as they didn’t on my 35is which I had to have done there for new car warranty purposes. Charging me for parts they hadn’t even fitted. :x
The worst thing about dealers has to be the fact that they charge you to diagnose whats wrong with your car.
Most other professions this is called a quote and is normally free.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)