Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Removing Driver’s side/ offside vent

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ProfCJJ

Post by ProfCJJ » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:44 am

I am trying to remove the drivers side/ offside vent to fit a P3 dash gauge I bought in the US. As far as I can tell the piece of trim under the vent itself somehow “pops off”/ is persuaded to unclip and then the vent is held in by two screws.

I have tried (gently) to get the trim off but have not met with much success - I have not prodded too hard in order not to break clips etc. - is there a trick to getting this trim off intact please?

Many thanks for any pointers.

Cheers
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 am

The trim under the vent that goes around the headlight switch is held in place with a screw.
To access the screw a bit of trim must be removed from the end of the dash next to the trim you want to remove.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

ProfCJJ

Post by ProfCJJ » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 am The trim under the vent that goes around the headlight switch is held in place with a screw.
To access the screw a bit of trim must be removed from the end of the dash next to the trim you want to remove.
Thanks. I guess that means it’s the end panel that somehow can be prised off then I remove the light-switch panel screw then the vent.

I’ll take a look. Appreciated 👍
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.