Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Non run Flats

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Hunter

Non run Flats

Post by Hunter » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:40 pm

So today I changed from run flats to non run flats and to say I was a bit sceptical about the ride difference people keep going on about on here is an understatement. I have to admit that I was wrong, there is a massive difference, the car is less crashy, it feels more planted and its quieter. Definitely a big improvement..so thanks for the advice.
I was also very shocked to see that both my rears had gone down to the wire on the inside edges although still above the wear markers in the middle and outside edges of the tyres...I suggest everyone keeps a check on this as a 70mph blow out won't be fun.
E89 S Drive 35iS

Phoenixboy

Non run Flats

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Hunter wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:40 pm So today I changed from run flats to non run flats and to say I was a bit sceptical about the ride difference people keep going on about on here is an understatement. I have to admit that I was wrong, there is a massive difference, the car is less crashy, it feels more planted and its quieter. Definitely a big improvement..so thanks for the advice.
I was also very shocked to see that both my rears had gone down to the wire on the inside edges although still above the wear markers in the middle and outside edges of the tyres...I suggest everyone keeps a check on this as a 70mph blow out won't be fun.
nice one, will be doing the same soon.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Non run Flats

Post by Nictrix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Maybe time to get your alignment checked to get the most out of your new tyres.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Hunter

Non run Flats

Post by Hunter » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm Maybe time to get your alignment checked to get the most out of your new tyres.
Yep probably will do, on the plus side...no cracks in the alloys
E89 S Drive 35iS

Busterboo

Non run Flats

Post by Busterboo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:15 am

Most full 'Hunter' wheel alignment by most garages is about £70, I think. Kwik Fit - snigger ye not - do a guaranteed Hunter alignment for less than double that. Bear with me. In reality, the 'guarantee' means you can have as many alignments as you want at any Kwik Fit centre for 2 years.

Now, if you turned up bright-eyed & bushy-tailed at 08.30 every day, they'd see you off the premises, of course. But, living in Leicester, where the Council pride themselves on the size of their potholes, I've had 5 full alignments in 22 months and will have another before Christmas. Of the 5, all bar 1 showed the need for some adjustment.

The effects on the car are what you'd expect and tyre wear throughout the guarantee has been really even.

Long gone, I think, are the days when an alignment every new set of tyres was enough.
Vidi, vici, veni