Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thinking Of New Tyres, Advice & Help Needed

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
eff1guy

Post by eff1guy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 am

R.E92 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:06 pm The Ultrac Vorti is popular but there's a lot of talk about poor performance in the wet and high wear rates which makes the cheaper price tag less impressive.
Had heard about the high wear rate on the Vred's but with my low mileage use, they'd be getting changed due to age and not wear.
Next Z landed ..... Z3 3.0i Sport Roadster

Z4 35iS ..... Gone to a new home

eff1guy

Post by eff1guy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 am

markplant wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am If you put the sizes in willtheyfit.com it will tell you the differences in speed
That's the one I used and it was nominal in my eyes at -3%
Next Z landed ..... Z3 3.0i Sport Roadster

Z4 35iS ..... Gone to a new home

cowboyjon

Post by cowboyjon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:39 am

Just got my car at the weekend and it has Vorti's that are basically shagged on the rears with about 3mm tread left.

I was giving it the berries (considering the conditions) on soaking wet twisty roads on Saturday and the grip was fine. No hairy moments and trc only lit up once, briefly. Ambient temperature was around 10°.

The next day the sun was out and the roads were dry, with an ambient temp of around 13° and I headed for some twisties I know. The car was stuck like glue and I promise you I wasn't hanging about!

That's with worn out Vorti's so fresh ones will only be better and given that they are quite a bit cheaper than equivalents from the other big name brands I am struggling to find a reason why I would bother putting anything else on the car.

With all that said, I have had Dunlop Sportmax RT on recent cars and found them to be excellent and I fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4s to my civic type r late last year and they were like super-glue in all conditions besides snow.
FK8 - Championship White
E86 - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Just ordered a new pair of rears, MPSS again my 4th set of Michelins. If it ain't broke. :driving: :thumbsup: