Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sell me on a 3.0 n/a E89!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:35 am

Busterboo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 am
sunnydays wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 pm MPG Depends on how you drive, how ever my average figures were:
35is: 12mpg
:dizzy:

How?
It spent a lot of time on boost lol

TONYL

Post by TONYL » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Had my manual 3 ltr e89 for 5 years now and never let me down and returns 38 mpg
Totally recommend them..stacks of grunt and quick with a great exhaust note
Tony
318ci m sport coupe
3.0i z4 e89

philbo909

Post by philbo909 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm

TONYL wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:00 pm Had my manual 3 ltr e89 for 5 years now and never let me down and returns 38 mpg
Totally recommend them..stacks of grunt and quick with a great exhaust note
Tony
Lots of time on the motorway?
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

cowboyjon

Post by cowboyjon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

The only question now is the car I'm looking at worth the money?

It's a 2010 msport model in white with the big fancy 19" wheels (that I like the look of but I imagine the ride is crazy harsh) with just 32k miles on the clock. Full bmw service history (it's going in for its latest service next week) and by all accounts a minter. The bloke is asking for £13,000 though - looking at the current market I'm not sure if that's high or not?
FK8 - Championship White
E86 - Ruby Black

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:40 pm

cowboyjon wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:04 pm Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

It's a 2010 msport model in white with the big fancy 19" wheels (that I like the look of but I imagine the ride is crazy harsh) with just 32k miles on the clock. Full bmw service history (it's going in for its latest service next week) and by all accounts a minter. The bloke is asking for £13,000 though - looking at the current market I'm not sure if that's high or not?
Hi, it’s not so much the harsh ride on 19”s as once the rf tyres are changed for normal ones the ride does improve-it’s the amount of them that end up cracking on the inside rims (do a search on here, it’s usually the rears that suffer) check them carefully as they’re very expensive :o
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:49 pm

cowboyjon wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:04 pm Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

Is that the white car in West Lothian?

It looked tidy other than swirls. It's obviously been through a car wash a lot. I wouldn't call it a minter, but it is good.

£13,000 for that car is too much. It's light on options.

The big wheels were crashy especially since it is still on runflat tyres. There was quite a lot of rattles in the cabin. There is bills for replacement wheels after cracks.

The owner of the car has relocated abroad months ago. The car has been on sale for a long time now. After this long he must realise he's asking too much.

The car had also missed the vehicle inspection when I seen it. It was overdue by a few months. Everything else looked ok from memory.

The brakes were past their best. Lips on discs and thin pads. I think the runflats looked a bit tired too from memory.

There is also a blue 30i manual 12 plate on Autotrader for £12,700. It has more options, but a few more miles.

I would approach that car with caution though. I did get in contact with that guy and things didn't sit well with me. You know that feeling when you just don't trust or believe someone?

It has been on Autotrader for months as well. He has reduced his price a few times.

cowboyjon

Post by cowboyjon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Beerman wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:49 pm

It looked tidy other than swirls. It's obviously been through a car wash a lot. I wouldn't call it a minter, but it is good.

The big wheels were crashy especially since it is still on runflat tyres. There was quite a lot of rattles in the cabin. There is bills for replacement wheels after cracks.

The owner of the car has relocated abroad months ago. The car has been on sale for a long time now. After this long he must realise he's asking too much.

The car had also missed the vehicle inspection when I seen it. It was overdue by a few months. Everything else looked ok from memory.

The brakes were past their best. Lips on discs and thin pads. I think the runflats looked a bit tired too from memory.

There is also a blue 30i manual 12 plate on Autotrader for £12,700. It has more options, but a few more miles.

I would approach that car with caution though. I did get in contact with that guy and things didn't sit well with me. You know that feeling when you just don't trust or believe someone?

It has been on Autotrader for months as well. He has reduced his price a few times.
yes that is the car fella, i presume you have went and tested it?
FK8 - Championship White
E86 - Ruby Black

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:27 pm

cowboyjon wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm
Beerman wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:49 pm

yes that is the car fella, i presume you have went and tested it?
Yes. It was quite a few weeks ago. Possibly August.

It is his brother who using the car. Both the guys come across and nice guys and the car is a good one. I've only spoke to the actual owner through email.

The owner has been abroad since June and the advert read as if he was trying to sell the car before moving abroad.

The price is too high in my opinion even before haggling for the brakes and tyres.

The E89 in 30i guise with a manual box is a rare car. Strange that car and the blue one have been up for sale for so long. I'm sure the blue one was up from June.

cowboyjon

Post by cowboyjon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 pm

What kind of options is it missing?

I have almost zero knowledge of these cars or any other bmw for that matter and knowing exactly which options a car should have at a given price point is something I could do with some help with!

If the car is over priced at £13k what do you think is a more realistic amount?
FK8 - Championship White
E86 - Ruby Black

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 pm

I would want sat nav/professional media on a highly priced car. Electric seats are nice too. I can't remember if there was xenon lights or not.

Valuation guides came back with £11,000-11,500. We Buy Any Car will only offer around £9000.

It's been up for sale for ages and it's now past the demand period for a convertible.

cowboyjon

Post by cowboyjon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Beerman wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 pm I would want sat nav/professional media on a highly priced car. Electric seats are nice too. I can't remember if there was xenon lights or not.

Valuation guides came back with £11,000-11,500. We Buy Any Car will only offer around £9000.

It's been up for sale for ages and it's now past the demand period for a convertible.
Very interesting, thanks pal.
FK8 - Championship White
E86 - Ruby Black