Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Should I buy some new wheels?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
heavymetalthunder

Post by heavymetalthunder » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Glad you liked the 230s suggestion. I was actually considering them a while back for my E85, but decided to stick with my current wheels until the tyres need replacing (and I had some other things to spend money on...)
E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster (manual) in Sterling Grey

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:08 pm

heavymetalthunder wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:54 pm Glad you liked the 230s suggestion. I was actually considering them a while back for my E85, but decided to stick with my current wheels until the tyres need replacing (and I had some other things to spend money on...)
Hi
I was going to post a thank you to you too for first drawing my attention to this design. Mr Wilks had obviously read your post and had then seen the wheels I’m buying on EBay. He sent me a message and I managed to complete the deal last night. Hopefully the wheels will be with me on Friday but depending on the courier it could be Monday. Will post some pictures when they are on. Thanks again for taking the trouble to offer a suggestion.

heavymetalthunder

Post by heavymetalthunder » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:17 pm

No worries :)

They are a nice design and have the bonus of being easier to clean compared to styles like the CSLs - and not as commonly fitted (even on the E92/E93).

(Disclaimer - I am not criticising the CSL style as I currently have some on my car!)
E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster (manual) in Sterling Grey

blackabbot

Post by blackabbot » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:01 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:40 pm You're welcome Ian , there have been other posts recently & "legend" wasn't the vibe on those :P :D
Anyway glad you got where you wanted , i think the 230s will be a real enhancement to your car plus relatively rare wheel too & i'm sure they will look great on :) see how they sit once fitted , you may feel a 5mm spacer behind the fronts is required but you may not even notice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't be so modest Andy there are few legends on the forum and in my eyes your right up there, always willing to give advice to less knowledgeable people and long may it continue :thumbsup:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D