Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello Again !

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
The Badger

Hello Again !

Post by The Badger » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Hey !

HI everyone its been ages since I was on here ! ok ill cut to the chase I am missing my beloved Z and as such am thinking of having myself a new on - looking for something 2014+ but as my previous Z was much older I am looking for any advice anyone can offer as to what to avoid and what to look for (I aim looking at the minute at the 2.8 s drive Manual White with Red Interior) those of you who know me from old know that I am not in anyway technically minded! - any help would be appreciated

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Hello Again !

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Welcome back OP. :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't provide any sort of useful advice about E89s, but if you're gonna do it why not go big and get a 35i or 35iS? :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

warmasice

Hello Again !

Post by warmasice » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm

You'll find more options if you go for a fully equipped 20i and have it remapped to outperform a 28i.

Hunter

Hello Again !

Post by Hunter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 am

I’d rather go for a slightly older fully equipped 35is than a newer smaller model. The 35is tend to have had most of the options ticked from new. Also..AVOID the base stereo option, it’s dire as most folk on here will tell you 😩
E89 S Drive 35iS

Pbondar

Hello Again !

Post by Pbondar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:36 am

Hunter wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 am I’d rather go for a slightly older fully equipped 35is than a newer smaller model. The 35is tend to have had most of the options ticked from new. Also..AVOID the base stereo option, it’s dire as most folk on here will tell you 😩
Without wishing to contradict Hunter my buying options last year showed many more 20i cars that were 'fully loaded' than 35s..most early 35 don't have Sat Nav/ iDrive..of course there will always be exceptions..

When after the event I had the option to buy an older 35is in my favourite colour, I stepped back once I took into account the possibilities of lack of sat nav/idrive and fuel pump failures, turbo related issues, injector issues and electronic variable damper problems that CAN/MAY/WILL arise (delete as you see fit) at some stage in the 35's life.. :thumbsup:

As usual emotion rather than logic will prevail in 99% of all purchasing decisions, with post event justification! :rofl:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Again !

Post by ronk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:31 pm

I’ve only ever had 3.0l Z4 s and when I bought the last one in 35is form, the salesman said it was chalk and cheese from the two previous cars - I honestly thought it was salesman’s BS

I’ve since told him what I thought and apologised for doubting him.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Hello Again !

Post by buzyg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome back Badger. Get an ///M , far more wild child than these modern Zeds. :P

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Again !

Post by RustyZ4 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi Badger,, welcome back
As someone who went from a 2004 3.0 to a 2014 2.8, i can certainly recommend it, but it could be I am getting older and the E89 is more of a cruiser :oops:

I looked at the 2.0,, and having it chipped, but I was a bit wary with some of the stories that go with chipping if it isn't done right, I did go for quite a few goodies on mine, which I love, but it depends what ticks your box, I love the Idrive, make sure you find one with enhanced Bluetooth, so you can stream music, if that's your thing, M sport is a great option, gives you sports seats and the car more of an aggressive look, i have the 19" 326 alloys, be warned if you look at a car with them, two have cracked already,
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

warmasice

Hello Again !

Post by warmasice » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 am

RustyZ4 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:20 pm Hi Badger,, welcome back
As someone who went from a 2004 3.0 to a 2014 2.8, i can certainly recommend it, but it could be I am getting older and the E89 is more of a cruiser :oops:

I looked at the 2.0,, and having it chipped, but I was a bit wary with some of the stories that go with chipping if it isn't done right, I did go for quite a few goodies on mine, which I love, but it depends what ticks your box, I love the Idrive, make sure you find one with enhanced Bluetooth, so you can stream music, if that's your thing, M sport is a great option, gives you sports seats and the car more of an aggressive look, i have the 19" 326 alloys, be warned if you look at a car with them, two have cracked already,
Love the enhanced Bluetooth option! Makes streaming a doddle