Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MOT this morning

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

MOT this morning

Post by Nictrix » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:52 am

Well it passed again with no advisories.
53,000 miles and 5 years into our ownership.
It was quite nice to hear the owner of the garage saying the car was immaculate considering the kinds of cars he sees day in day out.
When I told him we had thought about changing the car for something else he said "dont, theres nothing wrong with it"
Only thing he could advise was possibly an engine clean something along the lines of terraclean. Anybody had anything like this done?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

MOT this morning

Post by buzyg » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Always a nice feeling when she fly through. :thumbsup:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

MOT this morning

Post by Smartbear » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Always good news to get a clean bill of health :thumbsup:
Not sure about terraclean, if you change the oil more often than bmw say & run on super unleaded you’re going to have a pretty clean engine internally anyway?
Never hear any reports of engines suffering from excessive carbon deposits on here :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

MOT this morning

Post by Nictrix » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm

I am really unsure about it. The guy doesnt try and sell you anything and doesnt do work that he feels doesnt need doing but he did mention this while talking and said it is good for the vanos. I have no reason to doubt him but I also dont like messing with things if theres not a problem.
I should have remembered the system they used or picked up a leaflet, it was 3 letters beginning with E.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

MOT this morning

Post by Smartbear » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm I am really unsure about it. The guy doesnt try and sell you anything and doesnt do work that he feels doesnt need doing but he did mention this while talking and said it is good for the vanos. I have no reason to doubt him but I also dont like messing with things if theres not a problem.
I should have remembered the system they used or picked up a leaflet, it was 3 letters beginning with E.
If you’re not experiencing any problems with the vanos system I’d not worry about it.
Regular changes with good quality oil are all it should need.
Reduce the service interval by carrying out an interim change, best thing you can do for the engine :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

MOT this morning

Post by flybobbie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 pm

My car passed a few weeks ago at 78k, first car i have ever had that always passes mot.
but...
Apparently it failed initially on headlight beam setting, so they lowered it, then passed the car.
Now i can see bugger all in front now.
It always passed in the past at the upper setting. (So will have to wind it back up, too dangerous otherwise).

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

MOT this morning

Post by Nictrix » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Last year I was a bit annoyed as they gave it an advisory for the rear tyres as they were at 3mm!!