Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AUL Extended Warranty- Any Experiences?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
2L8ULUZ

Post by 2L8ULUZ » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:59 am

Hello, I'm looking at an 11 Z4 S35i with 85k miles on it...

2 owner car 1st a BMW lease 2nd owner from 50 to 85k

The coverage looks pretty solid.. injectors, water pumps, HFFP Pumps... seals obviously are not included. Dammit

However, they do cover replacement of turbos when the Wastegates go bad..

Has anyone used AUL? It's a 2 yr 24k warranty... see details below..

Any takers??
Screenshot_20180803-185731_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Screenshot_20180803-185731_Yahoo Mail.jpg (97.69 KiB) Viewed 576 times

bob4333

Post by bob4333 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:43 am

If you have a warning of a potential fault, say a knocking or a strange sound, will they pay for investigation and fix - or tell you to wait until it's failed before they'll act?

My only experience of aftermarket warranties was of the "wait until catastrophic failure" type - so pretty worthless really. Maybe AUL are better than that..........................

Worth asking the question.

eff1guy

Post by eff1guy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:51 am

Never heard of it myself, I was thinking you meant AUC and had simply mis-spelt the title. :oops: Looks good in the description, just depends whether they honour and pay up or try to wriggle out of paying. Have you done a search on them? Lots of good things to be heard about the BMW/Allianz extended warranty but have yet to use it myself. If the car you're looking at has FBMWSH you may be able to get the BMW cover as the car is under 100,000 miles? Either at your own expense or haggle it into the deal with the seller.
Next Z landed ..... Z3 3.0i Sport Roadster

Z4 35iS ..... Gone to a new home

2L8ULUZ

Post by 2L8ULUZ » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Ya, there is actually a Facebook page dedicated to fraud... but you have to take a alot of these cases with a grain of salt... Alot of ppl just dont read the fine print and thinks it covers everything... So, they get upset and really they are the ones to blame for not understanding the coverage..

I could see when the injectors needed replaced at 3k and they make up some excuse saying... well that car doesnt warrant injector costs...

The warranty is backed and sold by the finance company "Westlake" in partnership with them... so maybe there is a mutual interest..

However, the warranty only costs $1300 so you have to wonder here as well...

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:34 pm

I use warranty direct, very good. I took an extra on the policy so wear and tear items are covered after 3 months cover i.e. they will pay for an item wearing out before it fails. I have claimed twice in one year, they pay out promptly and their cover is extensive.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather