Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat Nav Version

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Sat Nav Version

Post by ronk » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:23 pm

It’s left me with a lack of confidence in the system - ok it failed last year and appreciate these things happen. The dealer has been advised to move the dash cam antenna and install the updated the software. I go to Europe in August and just hope it works properly. What do i do if it doesn’t ? Another attempt at a fix but another year before that car goes to Europe again - starts to look a bit silly. The car will be three by then.

There is some logic in the assumption of BMW tech that the sat nav aerial and dash cam aerial conflict being adjacent but I await to be convinced. This year I’m taking an old TomTom 910

I think I will have to demand a ferry crossing if it needs any work this September even if I have to take a techie from the dealership!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Wondermike

Sat Nav Version

Post by Wondermike » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Yeah I would be the same. Hopefully it will be working normally, does it work in the UK satisfactorily?

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Sat Nav Version

Post by ronk » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:20 pm

In the Uk it’s inch perfect!

I bought the 35is new in Sept 16 and first took the car to Europe in the following August - during the time at home no problems.

Normally set my first stop in Germany while waiting to board and when I get off in Ijmuiden click on resume guidance - Whithin 30/60 secs the sat nav locks on and away we go. Last year after being in a Farady cage of the car deck it remained as if in the port of Tyne . It seemed it didn’t want to see the satellites . Unlike the TomTom kit i don’t think there is any method of testing satellite lock?

After a few hours I did get a lock but not for very long.

Was it a Hardware Problem or software? I guess I will probably never know but if it works I will only be left with curiosity.
If it doesn’t , annoyance!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: