Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spacers on an e89

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
warmasice

Spacers on an e89

Post by warmasice » Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi all,
Looking to drop my e89 on with the Ebiach pro springs. My car has 19" 326s with on OEM rfts. Can anyone share their experiences? I've spoken to a few folks who have run 12mm rear and 10mm front without issue. However, 15mm at the rear causes some rubbing.. but has anyone run 15mm rear without any rubbing??

SteveSmith

Spacers on an e89

Post by SteveSmith » Sat May 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi mate,

Not had a chance to reply to your last email but those ST springs look promising! I don’t know anyone else with an e89 using them though sonit could be a bit of a risk in to the unknown in terms of drop / ride comfort.

You might get away with a 15mm rear spacer on OEM tyre sizes, but for the sake of 3mm I’d probably play it safe with 12mm that you know will be ok.

Look forward to seeing what you do! I love the fact that more e89’s are being modified, I personally think they look so much better sitting slightly lower with wider wheels / spacers! By far the best thing to do to most cars to be honest!
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

warmasice

Spacers on an e89

Post by warmasice » Sat May 26, 2018 2:44 pm

SteveSmith wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:51 pm Hi mate,

Not had a chance to reply to your last email but those ST springs look promising! I don’t know anyone else with an e89 using them though sonit could be a bit of a risk in to the unknown in terms of drop / ride comfort.

You might get away with a 15mm rear spacer on OEM tyre sizes, but for the sake of 3mm I’d probably play it safe with 12mm that you know will be ok.

Look forward to seeing what you do! I love the fact that more e89’s are being modified, I personally think they look so much better sitting slightly lower with wider wheels / spacers! By far the best thing to do to most cars to be honest!
Hi!
Think I'll get the Eibachs and run 12mm rear and 10mm front spacers initially. If I'm not happy with the front drop I might just go for the ST springs for a further 5mm drop. Who knows, could be the first to run them! Probably cheaper to run coilovers after all that $$ haha! :thumbsup:

stijohnny

Spacers on an e89

Post by stijohnny » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:52 pm

just put on Eibachs and am so happy with them. They are more compliant for the first 5-10 mm, so small potholes are softer to go over. When you drive a bit harder the Eibachs make the car feel more solid, so after the initial give, they are stronger.
Doubt they would make much difference on the track, you'd need to be looking at coilovers to really stiffen things up but for normal/fast road use they are better than BMW OEMs.