Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Any help with back luggage net mounting?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Diego_F

Post by Diego_F » Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 am

Hello. I just got the net that goes begind the seats (large one side to side), but I can't mount it. I find it short and a very strange way of mounting to the sides. Maybe there is any part that is missing or not mounted before. Also I find very hard to adapt to the bottom tabs.

Anyone can share any pictures so I can see how it's mounted?

Kind regards
2012 E89 sDrive35is Black Sapphire

EssexZed

Post by EssexZed » Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 am

Just looked at mine. Try removing the little triangular cover at the top of the mounting point so you can get the hook of the net into its slot. When you say it’s short, have you pulled it enough to stretch it fully? It will need to be under some tension or the top will just flop down and not hold anything back. As for the bottom, the metal rod that goes through the seam on the net simply snaps into the fixings - might need a hard press!

Diego_F

Post by Diego_F » Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am

Thank you. I'll give a try and I'll tell you.

Diego_F

Post by Diego_F » Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Done! The clue was removing the top covers just pulling. Then you can properly attach the guide, put the little cover again and then stress from the other side so it fits. Finally you have to hard push the bottom part to fit it.

Thank you again @EssexZed

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Mon May 14, 2018 7:55 pm

When I got my car, those little clips were in the glove box and I had no idea what they were for. Looked up the part number on real oem and bingo!

The bottom of the net wasn't in the clips either....quite hard to clip in, but did it in the end.
2011 E89 sDrive20i