Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 z4 Msport bumper fitment question

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
sachak

Post by sachak » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:21 am

Hey guys,

I have just had my mSport front bumper fitted to my car however they never told me that the oil cooler air duct wasn't correct so there is a stuff up that needs to be corrected so I have ordered the oil cooler air duct which is on back order from germany and will take a couple days to arrive.

My question to you guys is this:

Do I also need the item numbered 2 left and right for proper fitment of this bumper? to me those look like soft plastic air ducts that would or should cause no issues with fitment of the bumper. but if any of you guys have done this retrofit before and know any better please let me know in this thread ASAP, the bumper fitment wasn't perfect as the gap between the bonnet and the bumper was rather large and I don't know why. They are refitting it this week with the new oil cooler air duct and hopefully that was the problem.
air ducts.jpg
air ducts.jpg (115.57 KiB) Viewed 613 times

sachak

Post by sachak » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Well never mind guys. I ordered all the parts I need to get the job done properly. will post pics when I'm done.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:53 pm

I’ll be interested in any details if you wouldn’t mind as you progress as I’ve bought the bumpers also ready for fitment in summer.

I’ve no idea where to start!

sachak

Post by sachak » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 am

Its a direct fitment however you do need to replace parts 2 left and right. As well 3 "oil cooler air duct" in the diagram. You can fit the bumper without replacing these parts however parts number 2 are longer than the msport versions and so it pushes the bumper forward from the inside causing an incorrect gap between the bonnet and the bumper.

Part number 1 I don't think is very important, that didn't cause any fitment issues but will revert back and let you know once I get all these parts and have the bumper refitted again.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am

I read somewhere that the air intake initial ducting was different are those the parts you refer to above?

sachak

Post by sachak » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm

Maniac wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am I read somewhere that the air intake initial ducting was different are those the parts you refer to above?
Yup! Very expensive situation lol. BMW SA are insane with their pricing. But whatever the parts are ordered and its all going to be sorted correctly now and at least then its done properly. I don't want to hack and slash existing parts to "Make a plan"