Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Soft luggage optimum size

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
IRD

Post by IRD » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:32 am I wouldn’t worry - they’ll arrive!
I hope you are right. However, I did pay with PayPal so in the event of non-delivery I should be refunded. How was their communication with you? Did they keep you informed about delivery? It is just frustrating to send them messages and get no reply.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm

It’s a few years since I bought mine but from memory I don’t think there were any comms from the company. The cases just arrived !

Expect two boxes for the three units.

How long since you placed the order?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

ProfCJJ

Post by ProfCJJ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:57 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm It’s a few years since I bought mine but from memory I don’t think there were any comms from the company. The cases just arrived !

In my case I think its about 10 days so far.

Cheers
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:15 pm

I suppose there is a potential language barrier?

IRD

Post by IRD » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:15 pm I suppose there is a potential language barrier?
Received a reply this afternoon to my query. It appears the luggage was out of stock and has been re-ordered. According to the message they are expecting any time. So it appears it is just a question of waiting. I imagine Chris you got the same sort of message.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm

I bet you're relieved about that?

It would have be better if there had been an automated "currently out of stock" message reply!
Last edited by ronk on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProfCJJ

Post by ProfCJJ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:37 pm

IRD wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm
ronk wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:15 pm I suppose there is a potential language barrier?
Received a reply this afternoon to my query. It appears the luggage was out of stock and has been re-ordered. According to the message they are expecting any time. So it appears it is just a question of waiting. I imagine Chris you got the same sort of message.
I've not received anything yet but I would assume I am in the same boat - thanks for the info :)
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

IRD

Post by IRD » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:48 pm

ProfCJJ wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:37 pm
I've not received anything yet but I would assume I am in the same boat - thanks for the info :)
Fingers crossed. We aren’t waiting too long. We were planning a few days in the Cotswolds while the sun shines and could do with the new luggage.

IRD

Post by IRD » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Chris

I received a message this afternoon that the luggage has been dispatched complete with a tracking number.

Ian

ProfCJJ

Post by ProfCJJ » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 pm

IRD wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 pm
IRD wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm Received a reply this afternoon to my query. It appears the luggage was out of stock and has been re-ordered. According to the message they are expecting any time. So it appears it is just a question of waiting. I imagine Chris you got the same sort of message.
Chris

I received a message this afternoon that the luggage has been dispatched complete with a tracking number.

Ian
Same here! 👍
---
Christopher

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

ProfCJJ wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 pm
IRD wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 pm
ProfCJJ wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:37 pm I've not received anything yet but I would assume I am in the same boat - thanks for the info :)
Chris

Ian
Same here! 👍
Luggage arrived this afternoon. Delighted with it. Fits perfectly. Although I’m not quite sure where the small case fits. It looks as though it goes on the floor of the boot under the two larger cases bit it is a bit of a tight fit. What do you think? It could also fit just behind the seats.

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm It’s a few years since I bought mine but from memory I don’t think there were any comms from the company. The cases just arrived !

Ronk,where do you put the small case? It looks as though it fits on the boot floor under the two larger cases. But it is a tight fit.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 pm

IRD wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Ronk,where do you put the small case? It looks as though it fits on the boot floor under the two larger cases. But it is a tight fit.
Yes - The thin case fits in the small indentation at the rear of the bootspace with the two cases on the top.
It’s ideal for magazines/ travel plugs/ leads etc
They’ve utilised all the available space nicely but there is still the odd void to stow a couple of bottles of wine and a document case between the cases!

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:55 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 pm
IRD wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Yes - The thin case fits in the small indentation at the rear of the bootspace with the two cases on the top.
It’s ideal for magazines/ travel plugs/ leads etc
They’ve utilised all the availabil space nicely but there is still the odd void to stow a couple of bottles of wine and a document case between the cases!
Thanks Ronk. We will have to be careful not to overfill the two large cases so that the tops bulge. Otherwise the cover will not clip down. :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Available space!

Are you happy with your purchase?