Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Critique my for sale ad? 35is

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
step_change

Post by step_change » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:44 pmIts too expensive......

Its a uninspiring colour combo and has poor spec.

The flagship model of any range needs to be fully loaded and have no downsides to get top money...

There was a 13 plate facelift 35is that recently sold on here for £18k,that had great colour combo and had great spec..

In comparison,yours needs to be around £15,500 to get serious interest,especially at this time of year.
I was looking for a 35is and I bought that car you mention. Pro Nav was essential in my shopping list of requirements, as was folding mirrors, heated seats - preferably electrically adjustable - and cruise control (all extras). For it to be in immacualte condition and in the right colour combination was taken as read. I was in no rush and bided my time for the right car to come up. I would not have considered a car without Pro Nav at this price point, why would I when so many eventually come onto the market if you are preepared to wait a bit?
Sorry, you did ask.
Gone :( : 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

step_change

Post by step_change » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:32 pmI didn't mention the red 35is as imo it was sold a little too cheap & the other 2 i have linked are much closer to your actual car with regard miles / year / spec .
Without your dissecting minutely your car /pricing its worth considering the overall market that you are in .
Very niche cars , very small marketplace for trading & we know (those who watch the market that is :oops: ) that many cars can sit for months on end for seemingly no apparent reason .
Your white / black combo is pretty safe imo , never going to wow like valencia or estoril but imo should give you a wider audience than red / cream :?
I suspect its simply a case of waiting for the right buyer to appreciate what you have ( could take months as it did with Wrs & Samuir's cars) but the price attached must be keen enough to not put potential buyers off .
A final perspective you may not have considered & i am happy to delete if you wish , the 35is is only available with DCT & most like your own have adaptive ride , both factors that pushed me away from purchasing one over a 35i especially when the price difference in the two was considered :( other potential buyers may think the same ?
I think Keith could have got more for my red 35is that I bought from him in early January. However, he would have had to have waited until April or so and he wanted to get it shifted. I saw it as the bargain it was and bought it, even though is has spent a whole heap of time inside my garage out of the wet and cold. Its time will come.
Yep, the mileage at 54500 was a tad higher than ideally would have liked since it will make a BMW extended wartranty more expensive when it is up for renewal in December after it has tripped over 60000. However, considering the saving in initial outlay, this will more than cover the increased warranty cost.
Incidentally, driving a 35is without warranty is foolhardy IMO, there is a lot to go wrong potentiallly. Mine had a year of BMW warranty on it provided by Keith - worth £460. Another very attractive selling point. I got a good deal and I am very happy with the car, it is utterly fabulous (on the few occassions I have driven it!)

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Nictrix wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pmTime of year has got to be a big factor also.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

High powered convertible in mid winter will certainly slow a sale.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:01 pm

I agree that you would need to remove any non-factual information from the ad. Keep it down to the facts.

Also would agree on the price front vs the 35i. I would rather have a 35i with nav than a 35is without.

Mavster

Post by Mavster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 am

Try on auto trader for £16k for a day and see if the response improves from calls. You could always put the price back up on the weekend if the phone starts ringing off the hook.
E89 35iS

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Nav is a non-issue for some people ( me), I guess the lack of response is down to the car being a niche within a niche at the wrong time of year, very few people buy an top e89 and fewer still want the iS gearbox. But someone will, and it looks like a nice example. Unless it's a fire sale I would take it off the market for a month, as it is you will talk your own price down to the point that a trader will step in and steal it for a quick spring profit. Patience :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks for the input everyone much appreciated.
I have updated some of the pictures and description and left the ad up since the ad is paid for and I do not think you can "freeze" auto trader ads so to speak. The ad still has over 4 weeks left on it which should see it in to early March if it is still around.

I will keep this thread updated :)

Edit: Some statistics for those interested
Ad Views in 12 days: 900
Number of calls so far: 1

huytonman

Post by huytonman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm

its not a great time of year to sell and as pointed out the "red one" was a bit of a bargain, it was mine but I wanted to release some cash and priced it accordingly BUT even then I had people offering me 16K (from this forum and as a bench mark "westealanycarfromyou.com" offered me about 14k from memory), no harm in trying but come on guys! Its been said already but the lack of Nav really limits your market, I saw a cracking car last year which ticked every box but as soon as I looked at the dash I saw it had no nav (not mentioned in the ad) and despite keen pricing for me it was a none starter, not only because of resale but because of the convenience factor (yes I know Iphones are years ahead when it comes to nav etc etc but I dont care, I wanted something integrated) and also cruise was important to me. If you cant wait until spring then you have to get the price right, you can fiddle with the words all day long and take better pics but without the critical point being right you wont get far.
Best of luck with the sale.
Keith

philiph

Post by philiph » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 pm

huytonman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm its not a great time of year to sell and as pointed out the "red one" was a bit of a bargain, it was mine but I wanted to release some cash and priced it accordingly BUT even then I had people offering me 16K (from this forum and as a bench mark "westealanycarfromyou.com" offered me about 14k from memory), no harm in trying but come on guys! Its been said already but the lack of Nav really limits your market, I saw a cracking car last year which ticked every box but as soon as I looked at the dash I saw it had no nav (not mentioned in the ad) and despite keen pricing for me it was a none starter, not only because of resale but because of the convenience factor (yes I know Iphones are years ahead when it comes to nav etc etc but I dont care, I wanted something integrated) and also cruise was important to me. If you cant wait until spring then you have to get the price right, you can fiddle with the words all day long and take better pics but without the critical point being right you wont get far.
Keith
I agree.
The purchase is all about design, style, image, pleasure, pride. It is a very discretionary purchase, and therefore the boxes really do need to be ticked.

For me the right colour, sat nav, heated seats, parking sensors were required before I would look any further.
Add in budget, colour, age and mileage and the car has to be right for any purchaser who has done research.

As summer approaches there will be some less will researched and more readily pleased impatient purchasers.
2017 Estoril Blue 2.0 Z4
Good spec, Only 2 pedals but other bits added to make up for that omission

step_change

Post by step_change » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 pm

philiph wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 pm
huytonman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm its not a great time of year to sell and as pointed out the "red one" was a bit of a bargain, it was mine but I wanted to release some cash and priced it accordingly BUT even then I had people offering me 16K (from this forum and as a bench mark "westealanycarfromyou.com" offered me about 14k from memory), no harm in trying but come on guys! Its been said already but the lack of Nav really limits your market, I saw a cracking car last year which ticked every box but as soon as I looked at the dash I saw it had no nav (not mentioned in the ad) and despite keen pricing for me it was a none starter, not only because of resale but because of the convenience factor (yes I know Iphones are years ahead when it comes to nav etc etc but I dont care, I wanted something integrated) and also cruise was important to me. If you cant wait until spring then you have to get the price right, you can fiddle with the words all day long and take better pics but without the critical point being right you wont get far.
Keith
I agree.
The purchase is all about design, style, image, pleasure, pride. It is a very discretionary purchase, and therefore the boxes really do need to be ticked.

For me the right colour, sat nav, heated seats, parking sensors were required before I would look any further.
Add in budget, colour, age and mileage and the car has to be right for any purchaser who has done research.

As summer approaches there will be some less will researched and more readily pleased impatient purchasers.
I could not have put it better myself.

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Looks like patience is key here :). Had 4 calls this weekend regarding the car which is good!