Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EBC Big Brake Kit - planned release this year

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Attilio

Post by Attilio » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi,

I reached out to EBC having heard they are planning to produce "Balanced Brake Kits" as a replacement/improvement of the standard OEM installation. They were very quick to respond. They are also looking for a car to design the kit around it.

"Yes we can do a kit for this we could offer 2 kits one being the 4 piston with a 355mm disc this would be available at some point this year and possibly next year adding a 6 piston 355mm option to the table if it was required.

Launch dates on our kits is looking May this year and we would need to borrow a vehicle to design the kit on so if you are okay with it we can add you to our email list and as soon as we are ready get your self or a more local member to drop in and we can design a kit on the car.

The kit its self would roughly cost 1850 Euros and would include
• 4 piston Apollo Brake calipers for the front
• 2 Piece fully floating G3500 directional 355mm brake discs for the front
• Yellowstuff pads for front and rear
• Braded lines front and rear
• Brake fluid for the vehicle.
"

Maybe there is a possibility of organising a group buy and get a good price for Forum members...

Let me know what you think. Happy to liaise with EBC or to pass on the contact to the Administrators/Moderators of the forum to ensure this is progressed if there's interest

A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Are they talking all models or just your specific model car?
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

I reached out for the Z4M but as far as I understand - from the original article - this is an initiative to provide kits for many models.

I guess we have the chance to "influence" what gets done and the priorities if there is strong interest from the Z4 community :)

Let's start gathering some info about the interest in the forum community...

Happy to liaise with them on our behalf of the forum members for time being
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock

alex

Post by alex » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Is this for the E85/E86 or E89?
Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better
35iS - Space grey, red leather and 19" 326Ms - now gone to a fellow forum member

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 pm

They are open and depends on what we are interested in. It looks like we have a chance to have some influence on what gets done...