Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just seen one in the flesh...

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Just seen one in the flesh...

Post by mmm-five » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 am

Breaker wrote:Just noticed something. In your second pic, that swage line that runs up the door just looks wrong because it doesn't follow the door's bottom edge? May be the shadow on the photo? :?
Nope, that bottom line on the door is actually curved, from about 1" at the front, dipping down and then back up to 2" at the rear of the door.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

outrun

Post by outrun » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 pm

I think it looks quite nice, just a shame it's grown into more of an SLK than a z4m. Oh well, i'm proud to (hopefully) own the last great M car. Especially in light of the frankly ridiculous X5M and X6M. I hope they retire the CSL badge forever and make our cars into cult classics of exceptional value and asset like apreciation ( 8)

I've told my wife that the car will go up in value and i need to be right at least once in our relationship!
2007 z4mc carbon black - gone but not forgotten. The guy I sold to still has it, maybe one day I will buy it back.
Now - Maserati Gransport with many mods. Sounds incredible.

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Don't bank your marriage on that one though!! :o :wink:

If the UK government has it's way, M cars and the like will be run off the roads! :(
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

daviddi

Post by daviddi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:03 am

Itoo have seen one in the flesh, and dont think i'll be rushing out to buy one, not keen on metal ( ALLOY) folding roofs on sports cars ... jmo

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 am

I saw a silver one yesterday around the Reading area, looks not bad but not as nice as the older Z4, IMO quite similar to a 6 series :wink:
SOLD 2006 Z4 ///M Roadster in Imola Red....As seen below
http://www.pbase.com/elliot_d/bmw_z4_m