Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat Nav Update

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Burgy100

Sat Nav Update

Post by Burgy100 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Last year through BMW Connected I could upgrade my 2015 3.5is Sat Nav for £65 only to find this year 2018 that feature has been removed, infuriating is an understatement. Here is what BM had to say for themselves...

I’ve looked into your vehicle specific and ConnectedDrive account – I’m afraid USB Map update isn’t part of your ConnectedDrive services which is the reason why USB Map update isn’t available for you.

The alternative recommendation is to get in touch with your local or preferred BMW Centre here, arrange an appointment with a Technician from the Service department – they have USB Map update ready USB’s to update your navigation system for you. please bear in mind you will be charged for this service.

Any other ideas please?
E89 Silver 3.5is 2015 with a Heated Steering Wheel :driving:

EssexZed

Sat Nav Update

Post by EssexZed » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 pm

If you search online you’ll easily find ‘ahem’ alternative suppliers of USB map updates but they couldn’t possibly be mentioned or recommended through this forum :wink: