E89 35i Servicing Question

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Post Reply
User avatar
gwatson
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by gwatson » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 am

Hi,

I'm looking at a 2013 35i and would like to get an idea the cost on the next service which is due in March. History as below:
- Registered March 2013
- Oil Service @ 5100 miles - April 2015
- Brake Fluid @ 6733 miles - March 2016
- Oil Service plus other items @ 8000 miles - March 2017
- Brake Fluid @ 9800 miles - March 2018

Car has only done 10,600 miles. What service do you think would be due next? Standard oil service? Any indication on cost? Will need to stick to dealer servicing to maintain the BMW extended warranty.

Image
Previous:
Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue
ESS Stage 2 Supercharged E85 3.0

Hunter
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:44 pm
Location: notts/derby

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by Hunter » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:53 am

thats alot of brake fluid in 3000 miles...............
E89 S Drive 35iS

User avatar
gwatson
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by gwatson » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am

Guess it's every two years as per the service intervals, although technically, they should have been done in 2015 and 2017 at the same time as the oil services.
Previous:
Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue
ESS Stage 2 Supercharged E85 3.0

User avatar
Zed Baron
Member
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:17 am
Location: Scotland

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by Zed Baron » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:57 pm

You can go to the BMW website and enter your reg and mileage, and then pick and mix what service items you require (it also gives you costs) https://www.bmw-service.co.uk

User avatar
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3106
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by Nictrix » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm

gwatson wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am
Guess it's every two years as per the service intervals, although technically, they should have been done in 2015 and 2017 at the same time as the oil services.
Im sure I have read on here previously that the first brake fluid service is at 3 years then every 2 years after that.
E89 2010 23i M Sport Black with Black leather

HillWalker
Member
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Stoke on Trent

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by HillWalker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Nictrix wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm
gwatson wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am
Guess it's every two years as per the service intervals, although technically, they should have been done in 2015 and 2017 at the same time as the oil services.
Im sure I have read on here previously that the first brake fluid service is at 3 years then every 2 years after that.
Yes that's correct, used to be oil and brake fluid on the two year intervals but they changed it a few years back just to get you into the dealerships on an annual basis I presume.

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25066
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

E89 35i Servicing Question

Post by srhutch » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:15 pm

HillWalker wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm
Nictrix wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm
gwatson wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am
Guess it's every two years as per the service intervals, although technically, they should have been done in 2015 and 2017 at the same time as the oil services.
Im sure I have read on here previously that the first brake fluid service is at 3 years then every 2 years after that.
Yes that's correct, used to be oil and brake fluid on the two year intervals but they changed it a few years back just to get you into the dealerships on an annual basis I presume.
Could be right. Wondered why it was 3 years for the first one. Could argue should be 3 years âll the time.
Image

Post Reply