Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carly Mods ..Advising insurance company

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ric19

Post by ric19 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Just a straw poll...Do you think it's necessary to advise your insurance company that you've used Carly to mod your car...or not, I'm thinking not as they are integral to the car already and you are only turning them on/off and a lot of them enhance the safety of the car e.g digital speedo, full strength halos etc..any comments ?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:24 pm

I don't see why you would need to tell them.

As you say you are only changing settings for features that the car was built with, so not altering it from standard.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

huytonman

Post by huytonman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:47 am

I would love to listen in on your discussion with them if you tried...try explaining coding to your grandma and you will be in about the same place with the isurer...the answer is no :thumbsup:

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Most definitely. It's also very important to tell them which car wax you use!!
A Dirty M///