Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance Cover for Bosnia?

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Sprite

Insurance Cover for Bosnia?

Post by Sprite » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:21 pm

As part of one of my 'little' road trips around Europe, I will be spending a few days in Bosnia later in the month. I've tried countless different insurance companies, but none will provide me for cover for the few days I am over there.

I know that I can buy the cover on the border, but this is a pain as it means crossing the border at a time when the insurance offices are open, and ultimately it will only give me 3rd party cover and I'd at least like fire and theft, and ideally fully comp.

I'm currently with Admiral and they won't entertain it, my annual cover is due for renewal on Monday so I'd happily pay more for annual cover with another company, so long as it would also cover me while I'm out there. It would be great if I could just buy some short term cover for the 5 days I'm there, but that is looking impossible at the moment.

I've tried all of the companies suggest by countless searches on Google, but none of them will cover me (apart from NFU, but that's 3rd partly only, so I'm no better off than buying on the border).

Has anyone got experience or any advice for getting cover for countries outside the EU? My friends in France and Holland seem to have it included as standard on their policies, but the UK mentality seems to be that if its not in the EU, it doesn't exist!

I'm really bored of spending hours on the phone just to be told that they can't provide cover.

Cheers,

Dave

stuartinzg

Re: Insurance Cover for Bosnia?

Post by stuartinzg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:57 am

You should give Stuart Collins a ring. They covered me in Croatia beforr it was EU. I would have to go check my greencard as it covers me for Serbia too (i drove to belgrade) after I asked for it on my E92. They will also give you 365 day cover in abroad :thumbsup:
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

Sprite

Re: Insurance Cover for Bosnia?

Post by Sprite » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I've tried Stuart Collins but unfortunately they won't cover Bosnia either (but as you say, they will cover Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia... so every country around it) :headbang: I've resigned myself to the fact that since I don't really want to risk taking the Z with just the local 3rd party only cover, I'll be doing the trip in the 307 diesel instead :cry:

On the plus side, this does mean that I can take more climbing kit... but driving the Alpine roads won't be quite the same!