Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Counter quote won't provide priced evidence

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Darkangelv2

Counter quote won't provide priced evidence

Post by Darkangelv2 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi Tim @ CK

I've received quotes from CK & Adrian Flux. CK came up with £325 after AF reached £333.

I've been asked to provide AF's quote for you to provide to the underwriters as evidence as to why you've offered your price. AF have sent me the Summary but it omits the quote. I called to ask them to include it 'for my records' and they said they don't do that.

How can i evidence another insurance company's quote in these circumstances? I need to provide them to CK within 7 days...

Thanks in advance
Mark
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

ChrisKnottIns

Re: Counter quote won't provide priced evidence

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi Mark,

I suspect we'll accept their Quote Reference as proof for the underwriters if they want to check the price for themselves but I appreciate they've put you in a difficult position. I'm not sure whether they're obliged to give you a price in writing if you ask for it.

The staff here have left for the day so I can't check what they would advise. Maybe call in and speak to the CK person who did your quote and see what they say.

Sorry to not be more help.

best,
Nick

btw - Tim hasn't been here for about 3 years now :)
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

WesF

Re: Counter quote won't provide priced evidence

Post by WesF » Fri May 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Darkangel - worth fighting the case and asking how they are treating you fairly by not putting the quote in writing. Under FCA (regulator) they have to treat people fairly, if they refuse just ask to make a complaint. I used to work for an insurer and had to get other quotes in writing, using the above soon got other people putting it in writing!