Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Admin fees charged by Insurance Companies...

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Admin fees charged by Insurance Companies...

Post by Number5 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:10 pm

I just read Perry's thread about fitting a Strut brace, then informing the Insurers who want an admin fee.
This seems to be becoming more common amongst them now and they all seem to be jumping on the Band Wagon... :headbang:

Has anyone witnessed an accident and been asked to supply an independent witness statement to the Insurers?
Do they offer you a payment to complete & return the witness form...? NO they dont.
And not only do they expect you to do it for nothing, they then pass your details on to all the other parties involved like the Legal Assistance mob who also want their own forms completed.

I recently requested £25 to complete one and I never heard anything back ! I thought £25 to help get them out of paying 50/50 claim worth thousands would have been a good investment for them... Never mind !!!

I think its about time we all started playing the same game... :thumbsup:

What is the general opinion ?
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Admin fees charged by Insurance Companies...

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:03 am

It's worth a try - but if everyone did it they'd probably use it as an excuse to increase the cost of a policy

That's the second 'admin' fee they've had off me in the last 6 weeks as I also had to pay when I had my LSD fitted. They charge a flat rate fee of £19.50 for any policy amendments which means that my two amendments have equated to over 20% of my annual premium.
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:45 am

Admin fees do seem a good way for companies to squeeze more from the customers , bad enough at £19.99 but i was fleeced £33 last week to cancel a policy with just over 3 months left to run :(
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:15 am

Mine tried £50 for changing a private Reg No ! (Bewiser Ins)

They couldn't quote by using my private Reg No as it wasn't on the vehicle yet. They wanted the existing Reg to find the car on the DVLA database. When the Cert came through with the original Reg on, they wanted a £50 admin fee to correct it !

After several phone calls and checking of call recordings, they backed down.

Its the same with these Marketing people who phone you to do surveys. I just tell them if you expect paying to ask questions, I want paying to answer them !
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)