Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4-Forum INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:21 pm

z4alfie wrote:Just tried Chris Knott for a quote............ they wont insure me until I have had the Z4 for a year! How weird is that? my renewal is in September but I only bought the Z in June of this year and they said try again next year. Im offering them business not asking them for a loan!...................... Im officially disgruntled now
I am not sure where you are coming from. They are up front that this is their policy. Would you be disgruntled if you phoned one of these companies that only deal with the over 50's, because that is the same situation?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

z4alfie

Post by z4alfie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:09 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
z4alfie wrote:Just tried Chris Knott for a quote............ they wont insure me until I have had the Z4 for a year! How weird is that? my renewal is in September but I only bought the Z in June of this year and they said try again next year. Im offering them business not asking them for a loan!...................... Im officially disgruntled now
I am not sure where you are coming from. They are up front that this is their policy. Would you be disgruntled if you phoned one of these companies that only deal with the over 50's, because that is the same situation?
I suppose I woudnt be ringing one of those companies as I know Im not over 50. Whereas I know I drive a Z4. I see now that this is thier policy but to be honest, when youre looking for insurance you take more notice of the attention grabbing headline (which is the purpose of it) Had it said 'Have you had your car more than 12 Months? If so I MIGHT be able to save you some money' Then I might not have bothered to try them and be so disgruntled at the end of the process. I just think that its such a frustrating process to begin with that anything that makes it more complex seems to be a waste of time.
Titanium Silver roadster, Mods: MV3's Stubby, M Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Chrome exhaust tips, carbon fibre grilles, remote hood, Loads of wax!Image

Swami

Post by Swami » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi Tim

Only had my Z4 for 9 months but I have owned a straight six 2.5 litre rear wheel drive 3 series compact which would take me over the year cumulatively.... does it count as relevant experience?

I'll understand if you say it isn't a performance car, but I will be asking you to call my previous insurers for a refund as I have definitely been paying performance car premiums! :wink:

Let me know if this is a query for the sales team

Many thanks

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:25 am

The problem is that people with less than a year's experience of driving Z4 or similar performance vehicle have a much greater chance of making a claim than those with the experience.

The stats are so high that the insurers can't sustain this.

Hopefully we'll get you a great deal next year.

Sorry.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 pm

IT'S WORTH RINGING US BECAUSE........

Well, after my post about August being the second busiest month of the year for car insurance renewals, we have in the last week recorded our BEST EVER income regarding providing insurance for forum users (and their families). That's in 26 years!

If your renewal is due in the next 21 days, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!

Don't forget to check out the original thread stating minimum ages, etc, for the scheme.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:45 am

Grrr! I didn't read the bit where it told me all driver needed to be over 25 :( Was looking forward to getting a decent quote too, back to 10 months with elephant I go :(

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Please don't forget to ring us if you have received your car insurance renewal through.

People insuring with us in the first 6 months of this year made an average recorded saving of £60.02 off their BEST quote.

In July, we had our 3rd best month ever in 26 years of trading.

Earlier this month, we recorded our best ever weekly figures from the forums.

We have taken on more staff to cope with demand.

This scheme has been set up for you as a community so we can provide the discounts on your other cars as well!

Please ring 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile, and don't forget to mention the club name/reference number.

Robb

Post by Robb » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm

I had a slightly strange experience with you when getting a quote regarding what classes as a performance car.

I had only had my z4 about 3 months when my insurance was due for renewal and when asked by the lady on the phone what previous experience I had of driving performance cars I told her my previous car was a focus ST to which she replied ‘I don’t think a focus counts as a performance car’ I tried to explain it was a 2.5 turbo but she wasn’t having it, she then asked what else I had owned so I told her I had a bmw 120i before that which she was happy with, said something about it having to be rear wheel drive to count or something. I found this strange as im still a member of the focus ST forum and know this same insurance scheme is offered there as well, are all those guys told there cars don’t count also?

Your quote came back about £60 cheaper than anyone else so I went with yourselves for the coming year, maybe a bit more clarity on what counts as a performance car or some staff education would of reduced confusion in the process. :thumbsup:

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Sorry Robb.
The criteria given by the insurer was misread by one of my colleagues.

Your case is fine for us.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:06 pm

NEW IDEA!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

We are looking at launching a system whereby, to get a quote from us, you have the option of sending your details by email to us and then we will contact you with the quote.

This would also assist those who can't get ring us during working hours or those who would just prefer to correspond through the forum.

My question is would this be helpful to you?

I'd appreciate your comments.

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 pm

sounds like a great idea to me :thumbsup:
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Sounds good to me.

If only there was an insurance company where I could insure all my cars. For some reason, I have to have 3 different companies now as each car is different and not a single company can quote competitive for all 3.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Gids

Post by Gids » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Cheers Tim, just started a policy with you guys after seeing the ad here, previously with Swiftcover which no-one else could get close to.
Ruby Black Z4MC

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 am

There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.

However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to [email protected], who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,

2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,

3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM

4.EMAIL THIS TO [email protected]

5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : Z4 FORUM

CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 866

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper

Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car

(If less than 12 months ownership, please

give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy

(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving

For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use

If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years

Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years

Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote

Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)

Which insurer

Best quote

Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)

Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can

be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi

A tip off!!!

The 'word on the street' is that premiums are 'hardening' meaning that they are going up.

HOWEVER.................

I was in the office yesterday & the New Business Manager told me that due to the success of our insurance scheme this year, the set targets each month have been upped by 25% remarkably! This started on 1/10/09.

Even though we have had a good month already, on reckoning it could be that we are just under the set target so he told me that premiums will be even cheaper for people who have renewal dates from now until 31/10/09 just so that these targets can be met!!!

The difficulty is that from now until February, there aren't as many people insuring cars.

My thought is that, because of these quieter months, the premiums will continue to be cheaper for those who have renewal dates for now, November, December, January & early February.

All I'd say is it's worth a call ESPECIALLY if your renewal date is within these months.

(My long-term thought is that if the insurers show a decent profit due to increased business but at lower premiums, then this will continue throughout next year but that is only me surmising!).