Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Admiral Cancelled my insurance!

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Admiral Cancelled my insurance!

Post by bluestreak56 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:15 am

Just returned home from 225 miles of driving to find a letter from askmid stating my zed is not on the insurance database.

Naturally first and foremost I thought it must be a scam, but low and behold I went on the site and it its not on there! I then proceeded to my admiral multicar account and found the other 2 cars are fine but my zed policy has cancelled written next to it!!

No explanations, no reasons, no nothing. I've done a quick google search and looks like this isnt the first time its happened. I shall be having a stern recorded conversation with them tomorrow!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

On the plus side I clocked 40k in the zed today (finally) hooray.
Last edited by bluestreak56 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Letter from AskMid stating im not insured!

Post by bluestreak56 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Admiral Cancelled my insurance!

Post by bluestreak56 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:49 am

In case anyone is interested, this is what happened:

- In Feb I took out a multicar policy for 3 cars (the same 3 cars previously insured with admiral on a multicar policy).
- I told them at this time that the number plate for my mums Kia would be changing (private to non).
- They advised to call them when this happened for a free admin change (as I had declared it at the time of renewal).
- In March we received the V5 back from the DVLA with the new plate for the Kia.
- We changed the plates and I called admiral.
- As I am only the policy holder for the zed, I had to go through the security checks on the zed.
- Told the guy to change the plate on the Kia, he said its chargeable. Had a 30 min argument with them until they agreed to change it FOC.
- Thursday I received the askmid letter stating the insurance for my zed had been cancelled
- Called them on Fri first thing to be advised it was set this way due to a number plate change. I explained the zed plate had never changed and was not the one that needed changing.
- They corrected the oversight for all cars but I lodged a complaint with them anyway for not notifying me of the cancellation.
- I called back and spoke to them later and they said they had listened to the recordings and there were 2 mistakes
1) Wrong car where the plate was to be applied
2) Wrong letter at the end of the reg to be applied to the Kia
- I was still annoyed and they have offered me a £20 cheque to make up for it. I found this insulting and insisted they changed their ways.

They have 4 methods of communication - Email, phone, letter, online portal. None of the above were used to communicate when or why my policy was cancelled.
They claim I was always covered but as far as the police are concerned askmid says no so I would have been pulled over.
What happened between March and now?? Did they even apply the Kia plate? How long was my policy cancelled??

I got very fed up with it and will be thoroughly looking at alternatives come renewal time.

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

Hope its all sorted for you now. :thumbsup: Not nice knowing you have been driving round uninsured.
I had an Admiral multi car policy a couple of years ago, my car, wife's car and sons car. It took nearly the whole year of the policy before they finally got things right, it was just one thing after another and every time I rang them to explain there was something wrong with the policy they wanted an admin fee of £17 to adjust it. I also told them straight :evil: that I wont be doing another multi car policy with them again.
When renewal time came round they sent the quote for the coming year and after a little shopping round we found cheaper quotes going back to all separate insurances again. Son moved out soon after but I have stuck with separate insurances since.
Wont ever use Admiral again if they were the cheapest by a mile.
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:31 am

Russ59 wrote: When renewal time came round they sent the quote for the coming year and after a little shopping round we found cheaper quotes going back to all separate insurances again. Son moved out soon after but I have stuck with separate insurances since.
Wont ever use Admiral again if they were the cheapest by a mile.
We often find that it's cheaper to insure all the vehicles separately as you can ensure that each vehicle is with the best provider for that individual car. Going through a broker also means you still only have a single point of contact for all the policies so maybe it's the best of both worlds.

If any member wants to investigate the merits of switching away from a single provider's multi-car cover to that offered by Chris Knott, we'd be really glad to discuss it with you.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter