Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Admiral insurance trying hard to win business.

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
dario

Admiral insurance trying hard to win business.

Post by dario » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:30 pm

I parted company with Admiral last year on a multi car policy. They were some £500 more expensive than what i finally settled with with more than.

I have bought a little runaround as i want to winter up the Z4 and don't relish the need to plough through the snow and ice with a powerful rear wheel drive car.

I decided on a 2009 IQ (2). I've had one of these for 4 years and gave it to my daughter earlier on this year, so i know that the car is about. I wanted a Smart car, but couldn't find one anywhere with PAS (wife has problems with shoulders)

I went to my current provider (Morethan) and was quoted £357.00 (all my no claims bonuses have been used on the other 3 cars) I decided to, as they say "go compare" and was surprised to find that Admiral was second cheapest (didn't want to bother with the cheapest company as i had not heard of them) this came out at £201.00 so it was a bargain.

I got a link through to Admirals website but failed to complete the online form as it was sending me round in circles. I phoned the free phone number and spoke to a helpful guy in Halifax, Canada!!!

Christ the call took a long time, but it was my fault as i told him i already had left them last year because of cost and it would now be 4 cars and not 3. A very long Q&A session ensued and he wanted to know everything about the other cars and the latest one. It a fair while, but i am sure happy.

Upshot of all this is that the latest IQ has come down to £155 fully comp, the 525 f11 is now £222.00 including business and the Z4 35i is £202. The original IQ which i insure for my daughter came down by £150. The nub of all this is that Admiral want me to change the renewal dates of the other policies to the renewal date of the latest IQ which is no problem and they are asking me to forward buy the next years policy to secure the price. Payment will be processed at the time of the 3 renewals. year afterward there will be 4 renewing together.

the cleaver bit is that they have now managed to exclude all other insurance companies for quoting and of course, Morethan being able o renew the policies. That to me is a really bloody cleaver ploy.

Give Admiral a try if you have multi cars and what to add or renew, it might be worth it.

Good luck to all.