Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Multiple Cars NCB

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Multiple Cars NCB

Post by bluestreak56 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Interesting / complex question..

I have 2 cars which are both insured with me as the main driver, but only have NCB on one of them.

Can I build up NCB on the 2nd one also?

ie Z4 I have 4 years NCB
Compact I have now had insured under more for a year do I have 1 years NCB on that also?

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Multiple Cars NCB

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:50 pm

You build up NCB on both policies. Some insurers will allow NCB mirroring which gives you the same on both. I shall be pushing for this at renewal time.
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:You build up NCB on both policies. Some insurers will allow NCB mirroring which gives you the same on both. I shall be pushing for this at renewal time.
Interesting .. I wonder if admiral are already doing this for me as the quote I get with them on the compact is £250 cheaper than any other I could find online..

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm

In my experience if you shop around you can do better away from a multicar policy. I split my Admiral policy this year and its saved me money. 12 years NCD on the M, 1 year on the Civic.

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm

original guvnor wrote:In my experience if you shop around you can do better away from a multicar policy. I split my Admiral policy this year and its saved me money. 12 years NCD on the M, 1 year on the Civic.
I agree with you for my mum and dad but for me nobody comes close to Admiral (multi-car or otherwise) and the multi-car saves about £50 on the individual price with them also.. With mum and dads cars I will just tell them how much others are offering and get them to beat / match it or I'm jumping ship on those.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

If your Zed is a weekend car ten give classic line a ring, they dont use NCD and there prices always seem good.

There are quite a few on here who use them.

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 pm

srhutch wrote:If your Zed is a weekend car ten give classic line a ring, they dont use NCD and there prices always seem good.

Thanks, I tried them, unfortunately they came up £40 dearer than my admiral multicar quote and were unable to match / beat it..

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 am

bluestreak56 wrote:
srhutch wrote:If your Zed is a weekend car ten give classic line a ring, they dont use NCD and there prices always seem good.

Thanks, I tried them, unfortunately they came up £40 dearer than my admiral multicar quote and were unable to match / beat it..
In a funny turn of events, classic line have quoted me £398 (almost £100 under admirals renewal) on my Compact, so they may be able to help me after all (if not with the zed!)

Nobody else can surely touch this as most quotes I was getting on this car were above £600 (yes I know for a 316 compact at 3000 miles a year!)

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

We'd be happy to look at a multi-car quote for you, bluestreak56 before you sign on the dotted line (assuming you haven't tried us already).

PM me and I'll give you the number to speak direct to our motor manager.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter