Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another mod friendly insurance company for you:

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
M@r]{

Another mod friendly insurance company for you:

Post by M@r]{ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:18 pm

I've used SKY Insurance for years on the RX7. I'm currently with REIS on the Z4M having just swapped it over from the Elise. But that policy is up for renewal in May. Now REIS are superb to deal with. They insure via Chaucer who have proved great even when it comes to claim time. So I really wanted to stay with them. But:

REIS: £1261 7000mile limit
Sky Insurance: £720 10000mile limit

As much as I would love to stay with REIS I can't ignore that difference. Even taking into account the 4days track day cover REIS throw in. Such a shame :(

But the positive. Sky Insurance have proved to be great too. And again its via Chaucer (go figure the difference in premiums???) I've heard some bad feedback when it comes to cancelling your policy half way through, but no experience with that personally. What is great about SKY is like REIS, modified cars are not a problem. My RX7 was very heavily modified (full FIA spec competition car) and they didn't blink an eye.

This difference in price could be down to a large and very recent claim. Some companies wouldn't even touch me because of it :? Still got 9yrs NCB, no convictions in a low risk area though.
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 E61 535d M-Sport Touring

gookah

Re: Another mod friendly insurance company for you:

Post by gookah » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 pm

I had my renewal from Admiral at £560 fully comp, protected, 5000miles,
Adrian Flux quoted £420, and when I said how much extra for lowered suspension, they put me on hold, came back and said same price.... :thumbsup:
I went away from Adrian Flux a year ago when their renewal (and updated best price) was over £800 after the initial £460 policy.

Result