Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Not thirty and with Chris Knott?

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
eyup

Not thirty and with Chris Knott?

Post by eyup » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Actually email received from a representative of Chris Knott:

Dear *****

Many thanks for your email and I apologise for the delay in replying to you. Have checked with regards to adding ***** ******** [girlfriend] to your BMW Z4 policy. Unfortunately with Highway the minimum age for drivers for this type of vehicle is now 30. I am, therefore, unable to add her to your existing policy to renewal date in July. I have also forwarded your email to our New Business team with regards contacting you regarding a quotation for your girlfriend’s car.

I hope this makes sense, but please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information.

Kind regards,

******* *******, Customer Service Team

Chris Knott Insurance Consultants Ltd
What a crock of *****. I know its not the fault of Chris Knott but its rediculous. Not to mention I wont even be thirty in time for my renewal so god knows what will happen to that. I suppose as a broker that they may have other insurers on the books but Highway certainly are taking the **** with that one. :headbang:
Coupe - Montego Blue. 108's, simplest mod - second medical box :-)

The journey so far;
i) 1998 Ford Focus 1.8 Litre
ii) The Z
iii) what else is needed?

eyup

Re: Not thirty and with Chris Knott?

Post by eyup » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I see now after some further reading that this has been covered somewhat in the longer thread. I will read the thread later to see if anyone in similar situation.

Still......I wonder what the answer to my renewal will query be.

However, I am not so much wondering what my answer to the new business enquiry will be. Sorry Tim, I know you guys have to work within certain boundaries, but I've lost faith in Chris Knott Insurance.

The journey so far;
ii) The Z

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm

I had the same problem.. went through the call.. and then right at the end they realised i wasnt over 30... so had to decline me....

eyup

Post by eyup » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Looks like I will be off to find another insurer then. Cant fault Melinda who has looked on my behalf but situation is totally nuts.

Highway, who underwrite the insurance, will let drivers under 30 on the vehicle if they can prove sufficient experience. I am only allowed on as I have insurance already with them and I am not yet 30. Melinda did find another quote to include my 25 year old girlfriend but wanted £1400 plus £250 excess. :headbang:

The online quote sites came up almost £1000 less when I last checked for us both a few weeks ago. Suffice to say, they have lost the opportunity to quote for the girlfriends new car and are very unlikely to get repeat business from me. It would have to be a mega cheap quote for me to reconsider. Hint Hint. Renewal soon!

The journey so far;
ii) The Z