Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SWIFTCOVER

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Zed_Steve

Re: SWIFTCOVER

Post by Zed_Steve » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Ive been had! £513 :x
Now - N/A

Then... E89 sDrive35iS(2012-2013), E89 sDrive30i(2011-2012), E85 3.0si Sport Roadster(2009-2011), Z3 2.8(2005-2009).

VvrooomM

SWIFTCOVER

Post by VvrooomM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am

VvrooomM wrote:429 for m with swift at 39 kerching!!
Fingers crossed £30 cashback from quidco in top but had to raise query as it did not track.
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

jaz4

Post by jaz4 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 am

Umm do I save £150 risking that my 08 can be fitted with 03 body parts if I had an accident.

My first z4 it was an 03 plate and in 05 some silly cow pulled out on me down a country road, I braked she breaked which shortend the distance and I swerved pased her on the left. I did well not hitting her but unfortunately the lowered Z4 seemed to love the eating the grass verge, watching most of my underbody flying up behind me.

Thinking oh its not that bad (starnge how 3 seconds seems like 100) the litte zd found a cut down tree stump, while snuffling for truffles in the dirt, bounce left towards a fence, and decided to say hello to a fence on the left, when first the wing mirror jumped from the sinking ship in a state of emphoria, and so the car came to rest leaving front and bumper parts impregnated in the fence.

She did stop, so did the person on the other side who was also cut up by the silly moo, (If I hit her I would have shunted her into the oncoming car. Oh not much damage, only 2 months, 3 pages of parts, including exaustm, fule tank, foot wells, bumpers, wing, bonnet and 13K cost. She got charged with dangerous driving as she could have caused more than 3 car pile up, or I could have flipped the car (the verge was sloped downwards).

Direct line sorted, went to chartwells, so BMW approved (infact my little z4 looked like a poorper in the garage full of proper prestege cars).

Could not bring myself to save the £150 going with swift.
03 2.5 SE Fully loaded
06 2.5 Si Sports
08 2.5 Si Sports
10 30i Drive Auto
62 28i M Sport

VvrooomM

SWIFTCOVER

Post by VvrooomM » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 am

jaz4 wrote:Umm do I save £150 risking that my 08 can be fitted with 03 body parts if I had an accident.

My first z4 it was an 03 plate and in 05 some silly cow pulled out on me down a country road, I braked she breaked which shortend the distance and I swerved pased her on the left. I did well not hitting her but unfortunately the lowered Z4 seemed to love the eating the grass verge, watching most of my underbody flying up behind me.

Thinking oh its not that bad (starnge how 3 seconds seems like 100) the litte zd found a cut down tree stump, while snuffling for truffles in the dirt, bounce left towards a fence, and decided to say hello to a fence on the left, when first the wing mirror jumped from the sinking ship in a state of emphoria, and so the car came to rest leaving front and bumper parts impregnated in the fence.

She did stop, so did the person on the other side who was also cut up by the silly moo, (If I hit her I would have shunted her into the oncoming car. Oh not much damage, only 2 months, 3 pages of parts, including exaustm, fule tank, foot wells, bumpers, wing, bonnet and 13K cost. She got charged with dangerous driving as she could have caused more than 3 car pile up, or I could have flipped the car (the verge was sloped downwards).

Direct line sorted, went to chartwells, so BMW approved (infact my little z4 looked like a poorper in the garage full of proper prestege cars).

Could not bring myself to save the £150 going with swift.
What are you on about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:31 am

jaz4 wrote:Umm do I save £150 risking that my 08 can be fitted with 03 body parts if I had an accident.
I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or are on a wind up, but you're reading way too much into the 'alternative parts' clause.

In most cases, and on newer cars, they won't be able to find an OE quality part for much less due to the rarity/newness of the item, and on a 10,000 mile old car an non-genuine part would degrade the value so much that there would be no chance of 'betterment.

They're saying they reserve the right to fit a replacement of similar quality (but obviously of less cost), and thus save them money which they pass on to the customer in the form of reduced premiums.

They can use aftermarket (but of OE quality) parts if they decide to do so - and to some extent you'd expect them to, as otherwise replacing your 100,000 mile old suspension with a brand new BMW item would be 'betterment'

It's up to the buyer to decide whether their car is worth the extra couple of hundred quid in premiums to guarantee the use of genuine parts, but if you're with Swiftcover and the work is carried out at a BMW dealership then you'd only get BMW Genuine parts fitted anyway, as the dealer won't fit anything else.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:14 pm

mmm-five wrote: It's up to the buyer to decide whether their car is worth the extra couple of hundred quid in premiums to guarantee the use of genuine parts, but if you're with Swiftcover and the work is carried out at a BMW dealership then you'd only get BMW Genuine parts fitted anyway, as the dealer won't fit anything else.
I used to be with Swiftcover until 5th August 2011. Unfortunately I had an accident just before my renewal. 6 weeks on, even though I did no damage to bodywork I still don't have my car back (it's a bit of a saga which I will do a thread on when I get it back). However for the avoidance of any doubt my car is in a BMW franchised dealer having GENUINE BMW parts fitted.

If you scour the small print of every insurance policy there will be wording in there stating they "reserve the right to use equivalent parts" or something similar. I couldn't find one company that guaranteed to use OEM parts when I was renewing.

To me the Swiftcover reputation for using recycled or non-OEM parts is unjustified.

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:19 pm

original guvnor wrote:
mmm-five wrote: It's up to the buyer to decide whether their car is worth the extra couple of hundred quid in premiums to guarantee the use of genuine parts, but if you're with Swiftcover and the work is carried out at a BMW dealership then you'd only get BMW Genuine parts fitted anyway, as the dealer won't fit anything else.

If you scour the small print of every insurance policy there will be wording in there stating they "reserve the right to use equivalent parts" or something similar. I couldn't find one company that guaranteed to use OEM parts when I was renewing.
BMW Insurance do :thumbsup:
Blue Z4MC - now gone

frankwhite1978

Post by frankwhite1978 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:39 pm

im with swiftcover, trust me you CAN NOT get cheaper (and i dont work for them)

whoever mentioned about them using non OEM parts, i think you will find by law you can actually tell them who you want to do the repairs, but i could be wrong about that

ive also had to make a claim through them, and had no major problems, i just found the number on www.saynoto0870.com, and rang them, no different to any other company

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 pm

frankwhite1978 wrote:im with swiftcover, trust me you CAN NOT get cheaper (and i dont work for them)
It must all be down to postcodes as Swiftcover were £115 more then BMW for the same cover!
Blue Z4MC - now gone

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:28 pm

£244 just done with Admiral :thumbsup:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 pm

2dogs wrote:
frankwhite1978 wrote:im with swiftcover, trust me you CAN NOT get cheaper (and i dont work for them)
It must all be down to postcodes as Swiftcover were £115 more then BMW for the same cover!
I've been driving Z4's for 6 years and BMW Insurance has never even been close to competitive during that time.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 pm

pvr wrote:Remember with Swiftcover that they use recycled and patent parts for repairs, not OEM.
Not always true....

My Mrs smacked our mint low mileage Cooper convertible that we had from new, I insisted it was repaired via the main dealers with new BMW parts. SWIFT argued and refused to provide a courtesy car ("so what" I said) but ulimately they had no choice, it's your car you are entitled to have it restored to its former condition and value. Different if it's a shed I suppose.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

bigendbob

Post by bigendbob » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm about to renew with Swiftcover, they have been the cheapest for the last 3 years, first on MGTF then the Z4. £369 although on a comparison site that gives cuddly toys away, i have been quoted £10 lower with another company with a lower excess. The Swift cover quote was £500!