Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Chris Knott

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
NikB

Re: Annoyed!

Post by NikB » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm

There is no clear solution to this. However it would be good if I could get a direct answer to my questions from the insurers.

I do have a further question also - assuming I do buy a Z4 in the next few months and have to alter my policy with yourselves I understand that the underwriters will be changed to one that will cover me albeit at a higher premium. Will I have to pay a pro-rata rate to cover the insurance I've had from the current underwiter on the Golf?

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 am

texasjohn wrote:Why base experience requirements purely on duration of ownership? That is not the best way to gauge experience.

I could have owned a RWD car for 5 years and driven it a total of 2500 miles on quiet sundays, yet someone with a couple of months experience could have twice as many miles under their belt and better exposure to myriad day to day situations. In fact I would suggest the former of the two examples was the greater liability as with such a lack of regular use they never 'learn' the characteristics of the car.
But the claims stats suggest otherwise! They show that the former is less liability than the latter.

If the claims stats showed the other way round then we wouldn't be having this conversation!
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

NikB

Post by NikB » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:44 am

Tim why aren't you answering my questions?