Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4-Forum INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 am

Too dear for my household policy this year after the introductory discount I got last year - back to the Meerkats for me! :lol:

My Z4C wasn't exactly cheap at renewal either! And CKI couldn't get near the quote I had from Saga for my 2nd car in April. (OK, I'm old). :lol:

Why do we have to pay too much with an existing provider, or be compelled to change every year? (Assuming we haven't signed up for the repeat card debit). :headbang:

General Insurance seems to be solely inhabited by call-centre operatives (or quote monkeys) who go through the script and have no understanding, discretion, authority or ability! :P

It wasn't like that when I first worked in that industry in 1977!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:48 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 am Too dear for my household policy this year after the introductory discount I got last year - back to the Meerkats for me! :lol:

My Z4C wasn't exactly cheap at renewal either! And CKI couldn't get near the quote I had from Saga for my 2nd car in April. (OK, I'm old). :lol:

Why do we have to pay too much with an existing provider, or be compelled to change every year? (Assuming we haven't signed up for the repeat card debit). :headbang:

General Insurance seems to be solely inhabited by call-centre operatives (or quote monkeys) who go through the script and have no understanding, discretion, authority or ability! :P

It wasn't like that when I first worked in that industry in 1977!
Ins Co. or brokers just don't seem interested in taking your money year on year even when you've never claimed without upping the premium eventually. So you go through the annual rigmarole of finding a better quote. Thankfully, if you saved your details on Meerkat et al you have to make minimal alterations to get a new quote whereas a calling them by phone results in ages of questions usually resulting in a disappointing quote.
I guess it must work for the brokers as a business model -assuming most customers will not bother to check other providers and accept the increased quote.
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:52 am

The skill of the broker (because it's not OUR price) is in trying to find customers the best quote from the products and schemes we have available to us. We (Chris Knott) renew at around 80% because we're good at what we do and we have access to good facilities. So it's not always about customer inertia or increased quotes. There will be times when customers do find a better price elsewhere and we have nowhere else to go - just like any other business. Sometimes though we can encourage insurers to respond and retain the business. It's all contributing to that 80% retention rate.

Price isn't the only consideration for car enthusiasts either - quality of service, the assurance of being able to speak to a human being, relationship, expertise, having someone between you and the insurer, being able to choose your own repairer, model knowledge and accountability to the club/forum as a whole all carry their own value.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Right, straight in with it...

Congratulations to Philip Appleyard, a member of Volvo Owners Club, for winning our August draw. Philip has won a Platinum Supercar Blast plus High-Speed Passenger Ride or Photo. He gets track time in his favourite new supercar (6 to choose from) at his choice from 8 locations nationwide.

Entrants qualified by requesting a car insurance quote during August (purchase not required).

ANOTHER CHRIS KNOTT COMPETITION
If you like the idea of winning one of our prizes we do have another competition running at the moment - the Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine which has been going on all Summer on social media.

Simply post a pic of your car with the theme 'Shine' and we'll judge the winner after the closing date but be quick, the closing date is this Thursday!!

Post your pic on either our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages and do these 3 things in the comments...

- @tag Chris Knott Insurance
- use hashtag #ShowShine2017
- @tag your club/forum

We'd love to see your cars!

All this is just a distraction of course - what we'd really like you to do is give us a call for a quote when your car insurance falls due.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 - please mention this forum to access our special club scheme

ONLINE: complete brief info - Chris Knott Callback Form

best,
Nick

Recent testimonials

"Now with CKI through AROC on v6 with a few mods - best price and great service and discount on second vehicle recently insured with them." Mark Byatt, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Sorted insurance with @ChrisKnottIns -- I have to say they were very efficient, and very competitive, a pleasure to deal with." buze, ZRoadster.org

"You should be jubilant at how amazing you are. Let's do the deal at that." Richard Gregory, MPS Owners Club

"I have a modified GTV myself insured through Chris Knott for the last 10 years....Very good service and a very small premium...give them a call." Martin Lindus, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Big shout out to Chris Knott, site sponsors at Briskoda.net, advised them of my plans for the car this year, they said just call when you have made the changes etc. New suspension is on - just called them, all done, all promises kept, big thumbs up." David Turner, Briskoda

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 am

Hi, two things quickly -

1. COMPETITION
You'll know we've been running the 2017 Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine on our social media channels - the chance for members to share pics of their cars with us in the hope of winning a decent prize.

We've really loved seeing what cars members drive and from the 200 or so entries it was a tough job to pick a winner. However, I'm pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine as Ashley Gratton with his MkI Golf.

Full details including the Top 5 finalists' cars here: https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/news/chris ... inner.html

2. OFFER ON CHRIS KNOTT'S UK BREAKDOWN COVER
Just to let you know that the current offer is about to expire so you'll need to get in quick if you'd like to benefit. Our comprehensive cover starts at £63 but you can get an extra £5 OFF until the end of September.

Request a quote and buy online at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/rescue or call us on 0800 917 2274.

best,
Nick

Marekdawg

Post by Marekdawg » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi, Wanted to have a quick check. I'm sure i know the answer but anyway :? , just wanted to find somthing cheaper than my current is quoting.

Would I qualify- 22yr old, 2yr NCD, havent outright owned a 'peformance' car. But I have had use of a Range Rover 4.2 supercharged Vogue and a 4.4 diesel Vogue roughly 400BHP.
Thanks,
Marek
Silver E89 Sdrive30I Msport. Black roof and other bits. :D :driving:

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Marek, as you've predicted, your age is the main barrier I'm afraid. Our minimum age for most Z4's is 25. Good luck with your search though.

best,
Nick

Marekdawg

Post by Marekdawg » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:00 am

ChrisKnottIns wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:29 am Hi Marek, as you've predicted, your age is the main barrier I'm afraid. Our minimum age for most Z4's is 25. Good luck with your search though.

best,
Nick

Thanks Nick, yea I did think that would be the verdict. Not an issue, like the terminator said - 'Ill be back... in three years for my insurance' :lol:
Silver E89 Sdrive30I Msport. Black roof and other bits. :D :driving:

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:05 am

:)

tomandb

Post by tomandb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello Chris
I am looking at a BMW Z4 2.5 23i M Sport sDrive 2dr Automatic 2011 (11) with 23,000 miles.
I am 73 but have owned two Z4s previously - the last in June 2016.
I had a small bump (£600) in my old Merc on the 17/7/15 when I had NCD 9 years protected.
Prior to that I had a bit of a slide on an icy road in 1977.
I got 3 points and £100 fine on 28/8/2014 - an SP30 - I only have the 3 points in total.
We own our house - No dependents - Car parked on drive outside house in small private development.
Can you please give me some idea of the comprehensive insurance for the above.
Don't need breakdown cover, legal expenses or courtesy car.
Regards
Tomandb

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 am

Hi tomandb, I'm very happy to help. However, there are a few more rating factors beyond the info you have supplied so it's best if you can give us a call to go through a quote - I can't even offer a ball-park without all the details.

Best,
Nick

tomandb

Post by tomandb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Ok Chris... I'll get back to you.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi all, Happy New Year!

I just wanted to thank you again if you requested a quote from us last year. And for those of you who took out cover through us we really do appreciate your custom.

I'm keen to know what prizes might interest you this year for our competitions. I was thinking about a Dash-Cam prize for one of them. Would you welcome that? Let me know.

I know we have to be there on price for you first and foremost but a competition always helps encourage members to call us to find out what that price may be.

Please do call us for a quote if your car insurance is due soon.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 - please mention this forum's unique code to access our special car club scheme.

We're good for standard, modified, modern or classic cars. So you can ask us to quote for all the cars in your household and receive discounts for multi-car cover, whether you bring them all at once or separately.

If you prefer us to call you please complete contact details at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote and look out for a callback from 01424 200477.

best,
Nick

Recent Testimonials
We're grateful for those who take the time to post praise of our service and prices. Here's a few of them...

"Anyone who sees this, totally recommend - all my buddies use these! Hopefully these get my monies come Jan - their prices are always brillaint!" amatthews45, DS3 Club

"At last!!! We've been able to shift our insurance for our Giulietta back to Chris Knott. Many thanks to Tabitha for sorting it out for us!!" Gibbo, Alfa Romeo OC

"Just a quick shout of thanks once again to Chris Knott Insurance (Nick Day's crew) for bettering, yet again, the cheapest quote I got for another year of Coupe fun. Many thanks guys (Daryl White's patience for sorting it out and the young lady that did the payment today). Fabulous service." Sherri Joyce, Hyundai Coupe OC

"Hi Kathy, thank you for your very kind efforts to secure me the best deal out there. You don't know how pleasing an experience it is to be on the receiving end of such wonderful and attentive customer service. I am delighted to confirm my intention to proceed. Attached is a copy of my Sxxxxxx renewal notice, and proof of AROC membership." James Barrett, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Kim and Ian for sorting out my E82 and also the daily Focus diseasel. So easy to deal with and lower premiums with better levels of cover. Very happy with CKI." AndyBish135i, BabyBMWnet

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi, just thought I'd post to let you know our current competition closes soon, so if you want to be in with a chance of winning a Nextbase Duo HD DashCam (with 32Gb SD Card) you'd better not hang about.

HOW TO ENTER
When you request a Chris Knott Car Insurance quote before 31/3 you gain instant entry in our prize draw. The winner will be chosen at random from our quotes database.

Info on the various ways to request a quote and full competition details here - WIN a DashCam with Chris Knott.

However the quickest way is to just call us on 0800 917 2274 and find out how much you could save by switching your car insurance to Chris Knott at renewal.

best,
Nick

Testimonials from car enthusiasts who've recently commented on our service:

"Yeah for what my experience was worth, being a young mid aged driver and having high insurance for my T5 after modding the other insurers all suddenly became an absolute headache and a nightmare with constantly waiting on the phone etc etc. Have always been a bit not sure about these guys here as I always found the comparison sites very easy. On a free day it took no time to call these guys. Spoke to some friendly member of staff who gave me a quote beating everyone else with my mods after a few mins. Was a great service so definite thumbs up." domhart10, Volvo OC

"I have been with Chris Knott for several years (had 1 year elsewhere for all my sins) and I have never had 1 issue with them. I would highly recommend giving them a call and they will do all they can to get you the best deal possible." Kev_mk3, AstraMk3OC

"Just taken my insurance with yourselves and your service was friendly, helpful and the quote process was super-speedy which was nice too. Price was the best on the market and you have given me the confidence that if I need anything you nice people will sort it for me. I was dealt with by Kathy who was great. Thank you again." patriotk11, TT-Forum

"I've been with Chris Knott for the past 18 months, I've added quite a few minor modifications to my policy and always hassle free with no charge." Darran, Fiesta STOC

"Awesome service and extremely helpful staff, would recommend 110%" Matthew G, TrustPilot

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:46 pm

This just in: we're finding that one of our insurer partners will offer classic policies to Z4s older than 2006 - that's pretty young to qualify for classic - so if your car's parked in a garage or on the driveway and it's limited mileage and agreed value you're after (you also don't need to use your bonus on a classic), this could be great for you.

Give us a call and you'll also gain entry in our current BTCC Tickets competition.

best,
Nick