Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking Sensors

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
IRD

Parking Sensors

Post by IRD » Tue May 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi

I am thinking of having some front and rear parking sensors fitted to my 2005 2.2 Z4. Any suggestions about which are the best would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows a good auto-electrician in the Lincoln area to do the work that would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Rjblais

Parking Sensors

Post by Rjblais » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:20 pm

I installed only front sensors in the license plate - CANADA 2005 Z4 3.0. I did not use the license plate cover unit. I cut holes in the plate, therefore no need to paint to colour match. Also, there are few places to install them. Height is 34 cm. I can describe and provide photos if anyone is interested. Got the unit from eBay.com which has a sensitivity adjustment. Installed the module in the dash behind the glove box, and power is from an available switched fuse using an adaptor. No display, just the beeper. Straightforward, easy- did not need to remove the bumper, but long. The Z4 is so short in the back, one could reach back and use fingers to touch the curb. lol

IRD

Parking Sensors

Post by IRD » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Rjblais wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:20 pm I installed only front sensors in the license plate - CANADA 2005 Z4 3.0. I did not use the license plate cover unit. I cut holes in the plate, therefore no need to paint to colour match. Also, there are few places to install them. Height is 34 cm. I can describe and provide photos if anyone is interested. Got the unit from eBay.com which has a sensitivity adjustment. Installed the module in the dash behind the glove box, and power is from an available switched fuse using an adaptor. No display, just the beeper. Straightforward, easy- did not need to remove the bumper, but long. The Z4 is so short in the back, one could reach back and use fingers to touch the curb. lol
Thanks for the info. Job is now done and in fact the car has been sold to be replaced by an E89.