Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Monkey mans power adder

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 am

Smartbear wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am
Machine monkey wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:18 am SH1T i might have just orderd some wide over fenders for the rear!!
You sure you’re not building a replica of that zed the forum helped fund? That had Carlos Fandango arches if I remember :P
https://youtu.be/nqqZ28m8uCo
Rob
:rofl: You will have to wait and see. To be honest the deal might have been to good to be true. So lets see if and what turns up! :rofl:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

synthedup

Monkey mans power adder

Post by synthedup » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

Beedub wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm MM if it help you im happy to wrap the car for a very reasonable rate for a club member..... saves paint costs for another 5-7 years, we could something realy cool, about to wrap my ST in satin roaring thunder!!
How much would a full wrap cost for a member :roll: :roll: been thinking about this for a few months now. Also would be happy to assist and strip the car down.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Monkey mans power adder

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am

Been a epic project to get this far but getting to the good part now Mat :) looking forward to seeing it "tested " out :driving: :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 am

mr wilks wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am Been a epic project to get this far but getting to the good part now Mat :) looking forward to seeing it "tested " out :driving: :thumbsup:
Not wrong buddy excited and apprehensive!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Smartbear » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

Machine monkey wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 am
mr wilks wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am Been a epic project to get this far but getting to the good part now Mat :) looking forward to seeing it "tested " out :driving: :thumbsup:
Not wrong buddy excited and apprehensive!!
Yep, you can’t beat a good blow job :oops:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 am

The ECU is in and working!!
I fault the TC isn’t working. I am sure that’s due to the HPS conversion. I will need to look into that.
My turbo still has a bloody oil leak. Going to have to bit the built and strip and send it away for new seals and rebalancing.
And the WG spring is a 1 bar spring. And that’s too much my new one didn’t arrive in time.

So I have a decision to make. I have asked a load of questions waiting on answers now.
But dose it go on the dyno, or doesn’t it?

Mister T

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Mister T » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Just jam the wastegate open (remove spring) and run it up with no boost to get a good base map.

Mister T

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Mister T » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:12 pm

What wastegate is it (Tial MVS?)? They might be able to get one locally

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Mister T wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:12 pm What wastegate is it (Tial MVS?)? They might be able to get one locally
It’s a Tial copy. That I have made right. I think it’s more the time for them as they are busy.
I will chat to them later as Matthew (the guy i am talking too) had another car on the dyno earlier.
I might just drive there swap it watch them tune it and bring it home. Nice day out.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by GuidoK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:07 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 am The ECU is in and working!!
I fault the TC isn’t working. I am sure that’s due to the HPS conversion. I will need to look into that.
Thats awesome. Keen on seeing some results after tuning, especially an AFR curve.
I presume you now run a default map and not a proper dynoed map?
And do you run with wideband o2 sensors (bosch lsu4.9)?

And do you now run the stock MAF (5 pin), an e46 MAF (3 pin) or a MAP system? (I know you had MAF issues in the past but I wonder if SCS made a new implementation of that)
Last edited by GuidoK on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

bmwaddict

Monkey mans power adder

Post by bmwaddict » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:11 pm

As much as a lot of this is way over my head, I'm as excited as everyone else to see it up and running! Do you think you'll make it to Beaulieu in July?
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm

GuidoK wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:07 pm
Machine monkey wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 am The ECU is in and working!!
Thats awesome. Keen on seeing some results after tuning, especially an AFR curve.
I presume you now run a default map and not a proper dynoed map?
And do you run with wideband o2 sensors (bosch lsu4.9)?

And do you now run the stock MAF (5 pin), an e46 MAF (3 pin) or a MAP system? (I know you had MAF issues in the past but I wonder if SCS made a new implementation of that)
Me too
I will have a full dyno map i havent heard from them since Thursday. I was hopping for somthing today.
Yes it runs a boschwide band and in car gauge.
Its runing a MAP set up now no maf in the system.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

bmwaddict wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:11 pm As much as a lot of this is way over my head, I'm as excited as everyone else to see it up and running! Do you think you'll make it to Beaulieu in July?
I would love to be there. But i have said that many times over the last two years!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 am

Ok not updated for a while. Mostly due to not the best news.
The car wasn't ready i knew it but i hopped it would be ok. It wasn't! Its not awful news it didn't blow up. But my 2 main problems are still present. A boost leak and a iffy turbo oil seal. I will be fixing these in the next few weeks then back on a dyno.

The ecu is in and all seems to work well. I got the car back fitly dirty and looking sorry for its self yesterday. I hadn't washed the car for over 20 months. And my thinking was this is bad car karma!! So first thing was to give her a bath. Now hopefully things will now go better!

out with the old in with the new.
CRBM6425.JPG
CRBM6425.JPG (197.31 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
And washed off. Lover her so much even without her face on!!
DAAS4546.JPG
DAAS4546.JPG (240.92 KiB) Viewed 1408 times

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Smartbear » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:03 am

Can you pressurise the intake plumbing with a compressor to help with finding the boost leak mat?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold