Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What have you done to your car today?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
PeterZed

Post by PeterZed » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Took my zed out for a top down run as I realised it's been three weeks since I blew the cobwebs out of my car and me :D wash off before back in it's garage :driving: :D
'05 Sterling Grey manual 3.0, boot spoiler , mud flaps , wind deflector,elec memory seats,bluetooth
,satnav, computer,multi function wheel,folding mirrors.matt black rad grills MV3 wheels , and yes cup holders :-))

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Ordered a zhp gear knob and a single din dash plate.. :o we'll see how that fits.

Wonder what head unit to go for now

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Fitted bluetooth hands free and audio streaming media bridge. Coded comfort open and close including roof. Visual indication lock and unlock. Passenger window onetouch open and close. Windows operate after ignition off and doors open. Roof operates while driving.
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

DMC63

Post by DMC63 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Rusky wrote:Fitted bluetooth hands free and audio streaming media bridge. Coded comfort open and close including roof. Visual indication lock and unlock. Passenger window onetouch open and close. Windows operate after ignition off and doors open. Roof operates while driving.
Sounds like a productive day...

Not sure about operating the roof while driving...Why would you do that? :?
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Rusky wrote:Fitted bluetooth hands free and audio streaming media bridge. Coded comfort open and close including roof. Visual indication lock and unlock. Passenger window onetouch open and close. Windows operate after ignition off and doors open. Roof operates while driving.
Assume via carly?
If so can u test roof closing opening at speed as there was considerable debate here not long ago as to whether it works above 5mph or whatever the max speed is as currently possible.
Coded this myself via carly but cant test as hard top is on...
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:41 pm

DMC63 wrote:
Not sure about operating the roof while driving...Why would you do that? :?
In slow moving traffic when it starts to rain or when you decide to drop the roof then the lights turn green?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:33 pm

I Installed a BMW spare oil holder, and a Snoopy this morning. I must admit these are not the most difficult DIY jobs in the world, but hey, at least it's something :P
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG (92.57 KiB) Viewed 7366 times
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG (37.06 KiB) Viewed 7366 times
Back story on Snoopy:- I've had a Snoopy in every car since my very first car which was a Triumph Spitfire. As he tended to slide across the dashboard and out of the open windows he had to have a shoelace tied around his neck and attached to the tonneau fittings. Over the years he has moved from car to car and he now lives in the E30 where there is a nice recess in the dash and quarter lights to stop escapes. As I moved from one to two then three cars I have bought extra Snoopys - not easy as they date back to 1968. The newest Snoopy has shown me how little storage space there is in a Z4, he has had to go on the ledge next to the rear side window. He really does not look secure there so I expect there will be furry moments when I put my foot down and Snoopy goes flying around my ears :dizzy:

Original Snoopy is looking a bit tired now after many years of sun, wind and unplanned convertible exits, but is still doing his job.
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG (49.07 KiB) Viewed 7366 times
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

tominator

Post by tominator » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:40 pm

De-badged my Z4 today

Post by sticky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Down with the roof and off along the coast towards Bognor :D :D

I even put some petrol in it
Last edited by sticky on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:30 pm

I have added lots of bits to my eBay watch list!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm

More LED bulb upgrades: easy straightforward fit into footwells and boot although the LEDs proved too large to fit into cabin interior light unit ... also discovered the centre storage bin behind the seats is missing the lamp holder so something else to sort.

Plus sound generator installed into the engine bay this afternoon (cheers to Alan for help with this). The sound acoustic pipe was missing the foam inserts so I had some spare foam lying about, cut up two pieces to fit and stuffed them into the pipe. A quick road test proved two to be too many so have now reduced down to one piece of foam and its definitely sounding much better!

Going to whip out the last piece of foam tomorrow before a trip to Newport via some ace roads through the Forest of Dean ... lets see if it makes for a bigger grin!
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

greg1953

Post by greg1953 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:19 pm

New front calipers & front wishbone bushes and discovered a broken rear anti roll bar drop link to be done next week..all by Dave of roof motor relocation fame.
Greg

Das882

Post by Das882 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Clay barred and machine polished the roof of my MC, so far so good, there were a few small scratches in the lacquer which are now gone :D Hopefully I'll get time tomorrow to continue with the rest of the panels. The car has obviously not been done for a long time (if ever).
2006 Monaco Blue Z4MC

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Nothing! I've spent all day looking for my 1/4 drive socket set - eventually found it at 1900 where i put it for safety !
The day has gone now :|
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Zeds been kept in dry for a month 8) looked superb Wife went out in the Zed this week , I thought she had been rallying in mud bath ,que the row :headbang: , so thought I'd wash it
Jet wash all crud off
Auto bright Wheel cleaner
Agitate jet off
Jet off under arches
under cills
Autobright snow foam
Jet off
AG shampoo
Floppy brush under cills
Jet off
Auto bright drying towels x2 one not enough
1 1/2'hrs later
Stand back admire my work Zed looks stunning :thumbsup:
Put in garage
5 mins later Pissed it Down with rain .WTF , :headbang:
why don't I live somewhere dry like my Brother in law in Phoenix Arizona , I absolutely hate the weather in this pigging country :x what did I do wrong in a previous life :fuelfire:
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving: