Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear end Quad Conversion Progress.

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4 M Front Project Begins.......Mmmmmmm(and now rear too).

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:17 pm

I don't think it that subtle. But very good. You have joined the centre vent in the middle and put some kick ass cool ones on the side. I like a lot :rofl:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Have you put a full width slot above the number plate or is it a shadow as the the 2number plate light slots have gone are you doing 1 long led strip
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:51 pm

markplant wrote:Have you put a full width slot above the number plate or is it a shadow as the the 2number plate light slots have gone are you doing 1 long led strip
I have indeed got rid of the old number plate lights. I have let in a piece on the front edge above where the plate goes to carry on the body line from the sides all the way across to hide either :wink: one continuous led or 2 smaller Leds. :wink:
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

Bumpy

Post by Bumpy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm

I can't wait to see your "Distracted Driver Deterrent" rear bumper system.
You know - Something to distract the Lass on her cellphone, or Granny who never quite understood parallel parking.
Just askin'

Bumpy

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Bumpy wrote:I can't wait to see your "Distracted Driver Deterrent" rear bumper system.
You know - Something to distract the Lass on her cellphone, or Granny who never quite understood parallel parking.
Just askin'

Bumpy
Very confused ............ :?
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

Bumpy

Post by Bumpy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:43 pm

jakblade wrote:
Bumpy wrote:I can't wait to see your "Distracted Driver Deterrent" rear bumper system.
Just askin'

Bumpy
Very confused ............ :?
Those who enjoy investing time and effort in building their own bumper project will understand that stuff can happen.
More often 'stuff' is the result of a distracted driver who happens to run into you.
Sometimes 'stuff' is the result of someone who thinks bumpers are made to assist in parallel parking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlU7LRu2TTg

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 am

Aha. The penny has dropped. Suppose it's a risk we all take. Being the victim of a stoved in door in a supermarket car park in the past with no witness etc. Looking to invest in a dash cam but that doesn't help with the dopey sod who rear ends you.....

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 am

It does if you get one that also records the view out of the rear window.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:50 am

As someone who has modified my front bumper. And i have an aero rear witch are getting harder to find. I completely get what Bumpy is saying. I spun out at the last track day first thing i did when i got off track check the front bumper check the rear. The bits in the middle can be fixed easier :rofl: :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Well I finally got the little halo DRL's wired up and working as well as the fog's, no pic of fogs as yet though.
Had to remove the front bumper again to get the wiring through. :roll:

Think they look a bit different.... :thumbsup:

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:20 pm

looks good mate, keep updating us with pics of that rear end aswell :poke:

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Good work
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:26 pm

JINGLE wrote:looks good mate, keep updating us with pics of that rear end aswell :poke:
I will Jingle, no worries. It's going a bit slow at mo been busy at work and been trying different things with the rear, all of which so far have ended up being filed under B1N.........but I'll keep plodding on.. :thumbsup:

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

jakblade wrote:
JINGLE wrote:looks good mate, keep updating us with pics of that rear end aswell :poke:
I will Jingle, no worries. It's going a bit slow at mo been busy at work and been trying different things with the rear, all of which so far have ended up being filed under B1N.........but I'll keep plodding on.. :thumbsup:
haha good good, keep up the good work, i like watching other peoples progress threads :D

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:54 pm

nice progres i have just fitted some angel eyes in my fog lights. I really like them and yours.

My B1N file is mighty full. Got try try try. And when it succeeds you know you have put the work in. Good on ya. Really nice seeing people going through the same pain and anguish i went through!! :rofl: