Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jingles White Z progress thread!! (PICTURE HEAVY)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
JINGLE

Re: Jingles White Z progress thread!! (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post by JINGLE » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks guys, yes I know it needs a clean underneath but waiting on my cousin to get his workshop finished so will be easier then :)

And yea I love the vreds, such a massive improvement from the non staggered bald winter runflats it came with haha

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:41 pm

And what do u mean by niggly bits? I'm worried now lol?

Geezah

Post by Geezah » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Sorry Jingle......didnt mean to spook you, but since you asked.

My 2.0 had the ABS pump go at 65,000 miles, rear springs, and right now I'm wondering how long its going to be until I need a new soft top as It is wearing through on both driver and pax side where it makes contact with the rubber trim on the rear scuttle when its folded. I'm considering taking a nick out of the rubber trim as no one seems to have an idea how to resolve this reasonably common problem (I've only seen it affect facelift zeds).

It's a great car but these major issues do take the edge off it somewhat as they are pretty inexcusable, especially for a 'premium' mark.
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:11 am

ABS... any symptoms or is it just a case of start your car up 1 day and the lights on? (whats the fix and how much?)

rear springs.... already had mine out and added rubber boots (see back in this thread) so mine are already going to be changed as i think i have standard springs in mine anyway and not the M sport its supposed to have

soft top.... could you take a photo of yours when its down and where the contact points are? ive not noticed this so im hoping that mines not affected otherwise im pretty confident i would have noticed when cleaning it etc

apart from that im still loving my Z :D

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:09 pm

JINGLE wrote:another update, didnt get half the jobs done i wanted to as was too busy, however i managed to get my new Aero skirts on!! was short of time so didnt have much time for pics so only have this...

Ooooo......Gotta get me some them!!!! looking good Jingle... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:21 pm

good luck with your hunt jak, there getting harder and harder to find :thumbsdown:

cant wait to get home tonight and either start the rear end changeover (if loom has been delivered) or the front end dismantle and rebuild :evil:

Geezah

Post by Geezah » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

One day I just started my car and the 'Christmas tree' lit up and stayed lit up, ran diagnosis and it said ABS Pump, so packed it off to ECU Testing http://www.ecutesting.com/?gclid=CImky_ ... wwodpJcOcg and they fixed it for about £400 inc posting IIRC.

The soft top wear is on the top, at the first rib back from the windscreen about a handspan in from the door on either side, though more prominent on the drivers side in my case. When the roof is folded these two areas rub against the rubber strip on the rear scuttle causing the wear. It's a right PITA! Sorry, no phots.
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:13 pm

fingers crossed mine doesn't light up like that :cry:

pretty sure my roofs fine but will defo double check tomorrow :thumbsup:

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:41 pm

update:

after boring people on here for a few weeks about how im waiting to get my Aeros and rear //M bumper sprayed and on the time has finally arrived!! also after some annoying PDC loom troubles i managed to get a 2nd hand loom and to my amazement, it took me 5mins to unplug old loom(really thought it was going to be a mission) and plug in new bumper/PDCs and they only went and worked 1st time!!!!! so chuffed, anyway hers some pictures in case you want to see :D

sorry for poor quality as light was fading and i was in a rush to take it for a quick test drive and take a few pics :thumbsup:

freshly sprayed

skirts before and after

new bumper next to old

and various angles

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Been and priced up some Aero side skirts this week. £385ish from Sopers.........Oooooooo...Soooooo tempted.....;)
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:30 pm

jakblade wrote:Been and priced up some Aero side skirts this week. £385ish from Sopers.........Oooooooo...Soooooo tempted.....;)
thats actually not bad, i was under the impression they were no longer available from dealers?

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:35 pm

update, new carbon outer grills fitted

before:

removed and next to new grills:

new grills fitted:

the before and after pic:

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Liking them Jingle. Much prefer the "stealthy" looking front grills.

rossonr

Post by rossonr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Yep the stealthy look is good
Z4 3.0i black sapphire. Manual 6 speed. Cruise control. red Oregon leather. Dan's RAM air-scoop.Aux in. brembo discs and pads. 19" m345 replica alloys

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Geezah wrote:
The soft top wear is on the top, at the first rib back from the windscreen about a handspan in from the door on either side, though more prominent on the drivers side in my case. When the roof is folded these two areas rub against the rubber strip on the rear scuttle causing the wear. It's a right PITA! Sorry, no phots.
My 2004 3.0i had it quite bad in the same spot as you mention. Seen many on various meets with the same so it's not limited to the facelifts.
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving: