Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:28 pm

Julian wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 pm Hey

I’m a new member and potential new Z4 owner. I wanted to ask the forum’s opinion on a car I’m viewing tomorrow.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 5122539215

It’s “overpriced” but has a brand new steering column (which I understand can run up a couple £k bill), does seem to be in lovely condition (I’ve been sent a walkaround video), and has all the other trimmings you’d expect from a decent second hand car.

So yeah, would be interested in any opinions on this car.

I did check back a few pages and couldn’t find anything on this advert so apologies if I missed some earlier discussion.

Cheers

Hello and welcome

If that’s your ballpark budget might be worth giving idej_z4, a shout, lower miles and preventative work done

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129702

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:04 am

Julian wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 pm Hey

I’m a new member and potential new Z4 owner. I wanted to ask the forum’s opinion on a car I’m viewing tomorrow.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 5122539215

It’s “overpriced” but has a brand new steering column (which I understand can run up a couple £k bill), does seem to be in lovely condition (I’ve been sent a walkaround video), and has all the other trimmings you’d expect from a decent second hand car.

So yeah, would be interested in any opinions on this car.

I did check back a few pages and couldn’t find anything on this advert so apologies if I missed some earlier discussion.

Cheers
    Thats overpriced imo, it doesnt have the good sound system and the dash is the basic silver.
    Mileage is good and it looks very well kept but I would say that 10k ish is more reasonable.
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Benderloch

Post by Benderloch » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm

I don’t think this car is overpriced from a dealer, however I would get rid of those ridiculous wheels and possibly the exhaust as well.
    E86 Silver Grey Red leather, Piano Black trim.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Benderloch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm I don’t think this car is overpriced from a dealer, however I would get rid of those ridiculous wheels and possibly the exhaust as well.
    Warranty doesn't appear to be included based on: "3, 6, 12 Months Warranty Available" and it only has 6months of MOT. Still over priced for a dealer imo UNLESS those are legit real BBS CSLs which I doubt

Benderloch

Post by Benderloch » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:21 pm
    Benderloch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm I don’t think this car is overpriced from a dealer, however I would get rid of those ridiculous wheels and possibly the exhaust as well.
    Warranty doesn't appear to be included based on: "3, 6, 12 Months Warranty Available" and it only has 6months of MOT. Still over priced for a dealer imo UNLESS those are legit real BBS CSLs which I doubt
    Who sells a car with 6 months MOT. Outrageous, discount this one, move on!!
    E86 Silver Grey Red leather, Piano Black trim.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Benderloch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:37 pm Who sells a car with 6 months MOT
    Arnold Clark, think there needs to be less than 6 months remaining, same as service, if it’s not due within the next 3 months they’ll not service it either :headbang:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Julian

Post by Julian » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:08 pm

Thanks for all your opinions. I viewed the car today and regrettably walked away (I really liked it). Couldn't line up on financials - I was PX'ing my current car and his offer was quite under what I wanted. Also for the price I'd expect this car to be in pretty spectacular condition, and whilst it wasn't bad, I would have given it 8/10 when really for the price I would have wanted 9 or 10.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Julian wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:08 pm Thanks for all your opinions. I viewed the car today and regrettably walked away (I really liked it). Couldn't line up on financials - I was PX'ing my current car and his offer was quite under what I wanted. Also for the price I'd expect this car to be in pretty spectacular condition, and whilst it wasn't bad, I would have given it 8/10 when really for the price I would have wanted 9 or 10.
      Did it have folding mirrors?

Zedebee
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:48 pm

Julian wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:08 pm Thanks for all your opinions. I viewed the car today and regrettably walked away (I really liked it). Couldn't line up on financials - I was PX'ing my current car and his offer was quite under what I wanted. Also for the price I'd expect this car to be in pretty spectacular condition, and whilst it wasn't bad, I would have given it 8/10 when really for the price I would have wanted 9 or 10.
      It sounds like you made the right decision and you can always go back if you change your mind. You should have a good pick in that price range, though, keep an eye on the “for sale” section of this forum.
      2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
      Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

uz4

Post by uz4 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:53 pm

looks like it's sold

Julian

Post by Julian » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Yep. Not to me

rossomaestro

Post by rossomaestro » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

First time poster here - have fallen a little in love with the shape of the coupe and have viewed one this last weekend.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 4281950777

It’s a relatively high mileage car + the service history is not full, but at the price it’s a very clean example inside & out - drove well, looks good. 4 new Pilot Sports + restored wheels (which do look great).

I’ve got him down to £7k which seems reasonable but I’m just a bit worried RE the non-full service history. I currently have a 320D xDrive but frankly don’t need the diesel anymore. May well have both for a little while. I used to have a 2015 LCI M135i manual + am craving the engine to be honest.

Does it seem too good to be true? I’m not too worried about putting some money into it, just don’t want it to be a complete nightmare. Any thoughts appreciated! Cheers

Zedebee
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:06 pm

£7k is about bottom of the market for a Z4C. The MOT history is awful, which together with incomplete service history, suggests this car has not been well cared for. However, if everything has been fixed and it’s been recently serviced and it’s driving well, it may be OK. Don’t be frightened of the mileage, the N52 will go on and on if looked after. If it really is in good condition and you don’t mind taking a punt, go for it; or you could spend a few grand more for peace of mind.

One thing is for certain, the Z4C is a lovely car.
      2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
      Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Jameszy

Post by Jameszy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:15 am

rossomaestro wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:51 pm Hi everyone,

First time poster here - have fallen a little in love with the shape of the coupe and have viewed one this last weekend.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 4281950777

It’s a relatively high mileage car + the service history is not full, but at the price it’s a very clean example inside & out - drove well, looks good. 4 new Pilot Sports + restored wheels (which do look great).

I’ve got him down to £7k which seems reasonable but I’m just a bit worried RE the non-full service history. I currently have a 320D xDrive but frankly don’t need the diesel anymore. May well have both for a little while. I used to have a 2015 LCI M135i manual + am craving the engine to be honest.

Does it seem too good to be true? I’m not too worried about putting some money into it, just don’t want it to be a complete nightmare. Any thoughts appreciated! Cheers
      I saw comment above ref MOT history (which sometimes I think gets a harsh time on the forums) but in this case it’s pretty poor. Combined with a lack of service history and you don’t really know what you are buying.

I wouldn’t buy that car unless it was in a rare spec colour wise, or if it was well under priced and I fancied a project and it wasn’t my daily driver.

At a minimum, you’d be looking at getting the brake lines sorted and a complete suspension refresh as both have been neglected for many years now.

After that, it’s the usual E85/E86 niggles such as the ABS motor, water pump, gasket refresh (rocker cover gasket, valvetronic motor gasket etc) plus anything else individual to the car. For example, why were the dipped and high beam lights not working during an MOT? What was done to fix that (was it a problem with the xenon units)?

Finally how long have the wheels been on the car? Were the tyres bought at the last service as the ad suggests, or did they buy a wheel+tyre set off eBay with the view to getting rid of the car?

What’s his/her reason for selling, and how long have they owned it?

Shaz79

Post by Shaz79 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:41 am

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294211298393 ... SwjV9ft72O

Does anybody know this car as I am going to view and make a deal on it

Wheels will be changed on the same day as I can’t stand black wheels.