Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Beckenbauer the Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ZermattV
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by ZermattV » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:02 pm

if you are doing new discs and Pads its worth doing the upgrade as if you search for the callipers for long enough it won't add to much to the build. Great Thred nice to see a 3.0 being brought back to great condition :thumbsup:
Awaiting an Alpine A110
2016 M-Sport Fiesta ST

- Previously - 997 Targa - Z4M 2006 - Z4 3.0 Roadster - MX-5 1.8 Phoenix

Ant

Post by Ant » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Detailed with a paint enhancement to get rid of a lot of stonechips/scratches, and finally the dents removed from the wheel arch that have been there since I bought it, had to take the flyeye kit off the headlights as it hadn't stopped them fading in the gaps, so i'm going lamin-x them instead end of the month.

Ant

Post by Ant » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Mats added, should've took these after i cleaned them and hooved mind.

Ant

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by Ant » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:00 am

Been a busy (and expensive month)
New discs , pads, brake fluid, handbrake shoes, sensors, control arms, bushes, rollbar bushes, rtabs
and now these have arrived to go in on monday

Ram scoop will go in when it arrives, then retreat the roof and try enjoy it this summer

JINGLE

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by JINGLE » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:44 pm

just fitted new Bilsteins on mine with new H&R springs :thumbsup:

cars looking good! take some mreo photos once the new bits and bobs have been fitted(altho u cant see many of them from the outside lol)

Ant

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by Ant » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:42 pm

I've kept the original springs that are currently on there, tbh i couldn't hack the car being any lower than it is which is the main reason i haven't changed mine, if i could get aftermarket without lowering i would have.
(likewise those are B4 shocks, maybe should've spring the extra 100 for b6's but was rushing to get them ordered, and read b6's would be stiffer again which i'm happy to do without, ride is harsh enough on the z4 )

my Tyre wear was sorted for me this morning, ironically got not one but two punctures on same side on way to work..
switched the 225 fronts for 235's and got the rears changed as well.

Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 on all corners, hopefully last me longer than the Pirelli

Ant

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by Ant » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:56 pm

New shocks in and have made a huge difference to ride quality and cornering, ride quality especially.
my drivers side front shock was totally f***ed it seems, oil leaked everywhere and might as well not been on the car, so the new shocks front and back have been worth the change.

Off for a week middle of april, hopefully it's dry and the plan will be to re tint the front headlights and do the softtops yearly rivial, clean dye proof then thats me done for a while

Ant

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by Ant » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:59 pm

going in for an inspection.2 service on friday
(passed it's mot the other day too)

Ant

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by Ant » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Supposed to be getting my headlights tinted and wing mirrors carbon wrapped tonight

went out yesterday and my headlights were totally f***ed, were completely fine last week no idea what the hell got onto them but no amount of cleaning would shift it, had to quickly take sandpaper and polish to it to sort out for tinting.
Before
ImageImage
After
ImageImage

Ant

Beckenbauer the Z4

Post by Ant » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Bought some silent coat sound deadning, the noise from the doors always annoyed me me a bit from them removing the proofing, sounded cheap/hollow so installed some behind the trim and inside the panel