Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Updating Sat Nav software

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Z4Golfer

Post by Z4Golfer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:04 pm

I find the X5 site very frustrating. I have trawled on there for ages and still can't find a difinitive instruction as to how you go about compiling a CD and running it!

1) When you download the latest update file it comes as a zip.
2) You unzip the file and get two files.
Do you simply write these to a CD? (I think I have established a CD -r should be used and of course written at single speed).
Do you need to use a dedicated CD writing program?

I think I have worked out that you can load the file(s) contained in the zip file in to Navtweak in order to customise the logo etc.

There is a lot of info on there bit it's strewn everywhere! :roll:

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Z4Golfer wrote:I find the X5 site very frustrating. I have trawled on there for ages and still can't find a difinitive instruction as to how you go about compiling a CD and running it!

1) When you download the latest update file it comes as a zip.
2) You unzip the file and get two files.
Do you simply write these to a CD? (I think I have established a CD -r should be used and of course written at single speed).
Do you need to use a dedicated CD writing program?

I think I have worked out that you can load the file(s) contained in the zip file in to Navtweak in order to customise the logo etc.

There is a lot of info on there bit it's strewn everywhere! :roll:
As I recall, the two files are the ones you would use when using Alcohol 120% as the writing software. One is the disc image, the other is the file which instructs A120% what to do.

Z4Golfer

Post by Z4Golfer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:24 pm

It's OK, I found a link on this very forum. :oops:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=269

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:03 pm

[quote="davidpfitz"I'd like a SatNav which learned that when I repeatedly override a route portion with a route of my own I mean I know better than it does, and it should switch to guiding that way from then on. [/quote]

god damn it me too... sometimes u can get it by flicking route type (ie shortest) but this would be amazing, mainly because it would then check the right route for traffic.