Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My Angel Eyes Journey

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
DanStarr

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by DanStarr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:56 pm

It's plug and play no need for anything else. The 3 leds 2x halos and 1x single can be wired however you want with the cables loomed out the back. I joined mine onto the side lights.
53 2.5 Maldives blue, gone but not forgotten.
53 Vauxhall VX220 2.2

tomoz4white

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by tomoz4white » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:55 pm

DanStarr wrote:
tomoz4white wrote:
DLegendD wrote:Have got the black ones from 2excite too. No misting on mine but guess if you did get some could reseal them with some silicone? Just one point to whoever buys them they have inbuilt motors/steppers so if they stop working you'll have to find a way to replace/fix them or buy a whole new headlight. Otherwise all plug and play and look great...
What is the yellow ish line at the top of the light fella ?
That's the side light bulbq
I guess you can go a little whiter m8 on that bulb ?
Only UK OEM White Manual
E85 3.0i SE Still Rolling!
Mileage 36,000 Miles

4 x White 3.0i OEM UK E85's Made...
= 2 UK Pre-Facelift / 2 UK Facelift

DLegendD

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by DLegendD » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Real easy to wire up, as stated plug and play. Ive wired the sidelights to the halos and top strip. Had no problems with them. Have since changed the bulbs so its a more whiter look too.
Sterling Grey, 18" Cades Artemis, Angle Eyes, Storm-Motorwerkz Gear & Handbrake, AUX, Private Plates and Stubby

DanStarr

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by DanStarr » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:18 pm

DLegendD wrote:Real easy to wire up, as stated plug and play. Ive wired the sidelights to the halos and top strip. Had no problems with them. Have since changed the bulbs so its a more whiter look too.
Been meaning to get some new bulbs for mine which ones did you go for?
53 2.5 Maldives blue, gone but not forgotten.
53 Vauxhall VX220 2.2

pungo

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by pungo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:23 am

Interesting lights. The tuns signal are on top of the main beams instead of below them? The light height is already low on these cars so lowering them would make the usable on the road even worse? How is the light output compared to the stock lights? Any pictures of the from the drivers seat on a dark country road?
Last edited by pungo on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DLegendD

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by DLegendD » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:01 pm

DanStarr wrote:
DLegendD wrote:Real easy to wire up, as stated plug and play. Ive wired the sidelights to the halos and top strip. Had no problems with them. Have since changed the bulbs so its a more whiter look too.
Been meaning to get some new bulbs for mine which ones did you go for?
I believe they were all made by Osram, not to sure if the led bulbs are still made though. Main bulbs were nightbreakers.
Sterling Grey, 18" Cades Artemis, Angle Eyes, Storm-Motorwerkz Gear & Handbrake, AUX, Private Plates and Stubby

tomoz4white

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by tomoz4white » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:38 pm

3 months after purchase, I am still very much toying with these headlights and need to hook up with Dan (nearby) to see them in the flesh!

Is it possible to have the following set up with these aftermarket lights?

a) The upper horizontal strip as a "Daytime Running Light"
b) 1 Angel for "Side and Main Headlight"
c) 1 Angel for "Main Beam"

And of course, (for a,b,c) the idea is to have a much whiter look than the standard headlights it was born with?

d) For those who have fitted these headlights, is there any significant improvement on the "light performance"? - I live in the sticks and the majority of my night driving is in blackness with no street lighting. I have only noticed over the last month or so how pretty damn average the factory lights are, in fact they are very poor!

Anyone who can help with a,b,c and d ?

Tomo
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

Zikim

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by Zikim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 am

tomoz4white wrote:3 months after purchase, I am still very much toying with these headlights and need to hook up with Dan (nearby) to see them in the flesh!

And of course, (for a,b,c) the idea is to have a much whiter look than the standard headlights it was born with?

d) For those who have fitted these headlights, is there any significant improvement on the "light performance"? - I live in the sticks and the majority of my night driving is in blackness with no street lighting. I have only noticed over the last month or so how pretty damn average the factory lights are, in fact they are very poor!

Tomo
a) You can buy from fleebay a DRL module for £5 that will allow the horizontal strip to be on when the engine is running. If you replace the normal bulb with an LED it looks very good.
b) Just wire this (scotch lock or solder) into the wire for the side lights on the headlamp
c) Wire this into main beam circuit on the headlamp but why would you want this on only with the main beam? These angel eyes are not that bright and would not be seen when on full beam. They look best used as DRL's IMO.
d) The lighting is the same as the OEM lights, replacing the headlight bulbs with LED's improves the visibility significantly.

tomoz4white

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by tomoz4white » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry Zikim - I am probably being very blonde,

Do you have these lights? Any pics? How have you set up the horizontal strip and 2 angels yourself?

Tomo
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

tomoz4white

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by tomoz4white » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Zikim wrote:
tomoz4white wrote:3 months after purchase, I am still very much toying with these headlights and need to hook up with Dan (nearby) to see them in the flesh!

Tomo
a) You can buy from fleebay a DRL module for £5 that will allow the horizontal strip to be on when the engine is running. If you replace the normal bulb with an LED it looks very good.
b) Just wire this (scotch lock or solder) into the wire for the side lights on the headlamp
c) Wire this into main beam circuit on the headlamp but why would you want this on only with the main beam? These angel eyes are not that bright and would not be seen when on full beam. They look best used as DRL's IMO.
d) The lighting is the same as the OEM lights, replacing the headlight bulbs with LED's improves the visibility significantly.
Soz - more questions!

a) Do you have these aftermarket lights? - where can I find the DRL Module on Ebay ?

b) I will get and auto electrician to sort the wiring - I'm rubbish at this type of thing- lol!

c) So would you use the horizontal strip and an angel for DRL'S ?

d) Have your LED'S been trouble free ?

Do you have any Pics of the lights in action ?

Sorry for all the questions (AGAIN!)

Tomo
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:57 pm

The best W5W LEDs are made by Philips or Osram. They need the bulb check coding out or load resistors though.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

tomoz4white

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by tomoz4white » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:08 pm

I know "it's a miracle"...

I have purchased the lights at last and they are due to be fitted next Wednesday!. Can I lean on anyone (dan?) for advice so I can let the garage know what I am looking for...

Q1 - I am thinking of 'not using the 'side light horizontal strip at all'. I think Dan said you have to keep it connected with the bulb in, tape up the hole and let it lie behind the headlight unit hidden ?

Q2 - Would anyone suggest I change any of the bulbs that come with the headlights to achieve a "whiter led look" and if so what would they be? Do I need to use any bulbs from the exisiting headlights?

Q3 - Related to Q2, I was considering asking them to wire "a drl" - would you use the halo rings? and once again would I need to change the bulb to achieve a whiter look ? I guess the side light horizontal strip could be used but I am tempted to leave that part of the light redundant as mentioned in Q1

Q4 - Sorry for all the questions - I just dont want to pay 2 to 3hrs labour and have to get the garage to take everything apart again so want to get it right 1st time.

Q5 - If any of the bulbs blow, is it reasonably easy access to change the bulbs also once the headlights are fitted ?

Hope anyone can help and get the saga completed - how have others connected these lights - has anyone gone for a drl option ?
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

Ctripo

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by Ctripo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:10 am

DanStarr - I am a good four years behind on this thread!! I fitted mine over the weekend.

Did you use a resistor to stop the dash/car thinking there was a blown lamp? And did you get a dim indicator light on side light when first fitted at all?

Ta

Jl-c

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by Jl-c » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 am

The car will illuminate a dim indicator (not flashing) when it thinks a sidelight on that side has failed. You need to add a resistor to the sidelight circuit to fool the bulb failure detection. Ask someone who has these units what they did.
Ex E86 Z4 3.0si coupé facelift blue now Z'less
Porsche 997 C2S black-gone-, Mazda Eunos 1.8 yellow-gone-, Audi S4 Avant v6 Quattro 3.0 supercharged red-gone. Abarth 500 red. Abarth 124 Spider GT black. Porsche Cayenne red.

Ctripo

My Angel Eyes Journey

Post by Ctripo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:35 pm

JI-c - thanks. I winged it and got some from Halfords. They actually work!! Chuffed!!