Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

advice on service inclusive and "tyre insurance"

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
hemingway

advice on service inclusive and "tyre insurance"

Post by hemingway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:22 pm

I've just bought a 3.0 sport - cant wait to pick it up next week!

Its a demonstrator with 2k miles and 6 months old - trying to figure out if the service & maintenance pack is worth it - I guess I'd get 4.5 years and ~ 50k miles out of it given how much I drive. As far as I can work out, that will include three services and a new set of disks, its worth it, but if there are likely to be only two services and only pads, then I'm probably better off sticking the cash in a savings account. I'd be doing a fair mix of city/motorway and country roads.

also, the dealer has offered me what is effectively tyre insurance - you get up to 4 new tyres during a two year period if you get any punctures/other damage. Given than I've never had a puncture in ten years of driving, it sounds like again I should stick the money in the bank.

Any advice gratefully received - Thanks
Randal

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:32 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

On the back of the question you posed, I will move this to the general section so you get better chance of an answer... will leave the link from "newbies" though!

Personally I'd stick the money in the bank! :D
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

JayD

Post by JayD » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:09 pm

sp3ctre wrote:Welcome to the forum :D

On the back of the question you posed, I will move this to the general section so you get better chance of an answer... will leave the link from "newbies" though!

Personally I'd stick the money in the bank! :D
Likewise, I think tyre insurance is a bit of a rip off.

561design

Post by 561design » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Depending on where you live it is worth it. When I lived in Richmond, VA there were alot of work/contruction trucks driving around. My wife ended up getting three flat tires over the period of about 9 months.
Charles
flickr

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:22 pm

In London, Mrs F has put holes in 3 tyres in the last year.

£170 a pop ($360) hurts.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:35 pm

hemingway welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
I would also put the money in the bank.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:29 pm

For us in the UK it's not even possible to add the inclusive maintenance once the car has been registered for over one month.

But personally I dont think it's worth it, unless its free (like my old 320cd M Sport).

I did take tyre insurance though. As somebody pointed out, who's to know where that nail came from as you reach the end of the tyres life.

Allowed five tyes in three years, so I will at least break even if I only replace two tyres under it.