Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My z4 3.0 project thread (lots of pics)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
GreyZed

Re: My z4 3.0 project thread (lots of pics)

Post by GreyZed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Mitch89 wrote:Love the steering wheel and the seats!!

Have the say the standard seats are very disappointing when you turn into a corner. A slightly younger Hyundai has better lateral support...
This is a complicated area and a minefield of hybrid bio-mechanical vs pure physics formulae exists to prove that this is in fact wholly dependent on the the size and shape of your arse. :rofl:
3.0 auto, sterling grey, hardtop, prfessional nav, dsp, digital tv, bluetooth, cruise, xenons, mfsw, cupholders, auto lights, auto wipers, folding mirrors, memory seats, wind deflector, pdc, 108s, LED sides/fogs, stubby, intravee, need a quad exhaust!

GreyZed

Post by GreyZed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:24 pm

domsz4 wrote:
sam1832 wrote:
domsz4 wrote:what do you mean by foam removed from sound generator? what does that do?
Lets more noise from the engine into the cabin,

the foam is just a noise baffle, and with them removed you get a noticbly louder engine sound inside
ah right, where is this bit? i find with my 3.0l i get an annoying sound at certain revs. it really resonates in your ear and can be a little unpleasant. not sure i want more noise but maybe the lack of foam will change it a bit. cheers
If you suddenly get an odd fairly high pitched noise across a specific rev range it sounds like someone has previously removed some foam from your sound generator. I tried this mod after reading about it on here but immediately put the foam back as I didn't like the noise it made (a bit weird and not becoming 3 litres worth of 6 cylinder power imho).

From the engine bay you can pull out the end of the hose nearest the cabin quite easily without undoing anything and look/feel to see if the foam insert is present.

The Zed is too quiet in the engine/air intake/exhaust depts but for me the sound gen mod just wasn't the answer. Now a quad exhaust, maybe that would.....stop it! Stop it! You're making me do it again! :headbang:
3.0 auto, sterling grey, hardtop, prfessional nav, dsp, digital tv, bluetooth, cruise, xenons, mfsw, cupholders, auto lights, auto wipers, folding mirrors, memory seats, wind deflector, pdc, 108s, LED sides/fogs, stubby, intravee, need a quad exhaust!

sam1832

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:44 am

Love the steering wheel and the seats!!<br /><br />Have the say the standard seats are very disappointing when you turn into a corner. A slightly younger Hyundai has better lateral support...
Thanks

Yea the seats are so much better

You can feel they hug your body tighter

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Gone - '03 3.0i Z4 Roadster Sterling Grey -
Z4 Project Thread
Now got E64 '57 650i - My 650i

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:22 am

GreyZed wrote:This is a complicated area and a minefield of hybrid bio-mechanical vs pure physics formulae exists to prove that this is in fact wholly dependent on the the size and shape of your arse. :rofl:
:thumbsup: :rofl:
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

sam1832

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Today i fitted braided Stainless steel brake hose's, DOT 5.1 Fluid, removed the clutch delay valve and painted the calipers:

Front and back brake hose's:

The set of hose's i bought: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m50b0s4061p84 ... 85_2003_on_ Im a bit annoyed with really because i assumed this would be all i would need to do the job, after jacking the car up and a bit of messing arround I find out the rear has two sets of hoses for each side. So to do the all the hoses front and back you need 6 hoses where as the kit only has 4

I have sent them an email i will see what happens

CDV:

Brake Claipers ... ASBO orange with black anti-rattle clips lol:

Then I gave it a good clean inside and out and went for a few photos, Products used:
Bilberry wheel Cleaner
Megs gold class shampoo with dodo juice wash mit and two bucket method
Dried with towel
Poor boys black hole
Dodo juice Supernatural
Inside:
Lexol cleaner and conditoner for the leather
Poor boys trim cleaner & dresser

Thanks for looking, all comments welcolm

Mod list:
So far:
Foam Removed From Soundgenerator
Oil, Air and Pollen filters replaced
Diff, Gear box and Engine Oil changed
De-baged
De-french fried
Extiror Trim Restored with G'Technique
Interior Trim wrapped with 3m Vinyl
Replace Aux And Air Con Belts + Tensioner
Dice Installed
TR30 Speed Camera Detector Installed
Re-mapped to 239 BHP and 229 ib/ft
Smoked Head And Tail Lights (lamin-x)
Painted caliipers - Asbo Orange
CDV Removed
Braided Stainless Steel Brake Hose's
DOT 5.1 Fluid
Steering Wheel Re-Trimmed
Retro Fit Cruise Control
Electric Heated Sport Seats

Mods planned:
330 Brake Caliper Up-Grade
Black Kidney Grills (Need Plasti-Dip every where has sold OUT!!)
Front Strut Bar (if anyone is getting rid of one I will take it)
Key Hole Covers (in progress)
Short Shifter (ordered) + M Gear Knob
Detail
Last edited by sam1832 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Z4 Project Thread

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Good choice on the orange!

sam1832

Re:

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 pm

tomscott wrote:Good choice on the orange!
Thanks mate

It was the photo of yours that made me go for it :thumbsup:
Z4 Project Thread

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

are you from essex?

sure i saw you on the A13 yesterday just before i came off at ferry lane. was probably just after 2pm. i was in my 03 grey z4.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

sam1832

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:20 pm

ben g wrote:are you from essex?

sure i saw you on the A13 yesterday just before i came off at ferry lane. was probably just after 2pm. i was in my 03 grey z4.
Ha,

I was gonna write on the "spotted" post then i forgot your reg lol

Yes it was me,

Nice motor you have, like the rear lights
Z4 Project Thread

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:27 pm

cheers. i like your tinted rears, you can hardly see the orange bits at all on the road.

i would've had a play but my petrol gauge said 8 miles left :lol: had to fill up and tescos and come back on the a13 again :(
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

sam1832

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:43 pm

ben g wrote:cheers. i like your tinted rears, you can hardly see the orange bits at all on the road.

i would've had a play but my petrol gauge said 8 miles left :lol: had to fill up and tescos and come back on the a13 again :(
Lol, Where abouts do you live? i live near southend

Yea thats only the light tint as well, they do a darker one and black out as well lol
Z4 Project Thread

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:48 pm

i live in chafford hundred.

saw you last week aswell i think at the wickford turn-off (was coming back onto the a13 after i had finished my speed awareness course, saturday at about 12:30pm) lovely lady friend in your car :wink:

sam1832

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 pm

ben g wrote:i live in chafford hundred.

saw you last week aswell i think at the wickford turn-off (was coming back onto the a13 after i had finished my speed awareness course, saturday at about 12:30pm) lovely lady friend in your car :wink:
My dad lives at chaffard hundread,

Lol yes i rember that too, thats was the A127 wickford junction ... that was my girlfriend :wink: lol
Z4 Project Thread

joehirth

Post by joehirth » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Nice touches on the car love the lamin-x on the lights. Who did your steering wheel?

Excuse my ignorance too but what's the dice mod? I keep seeing it, seemingly relating to audio/ iPod but can't work out what it stands for :(
Looking for Grey Z4 3.0i pre face lift with extras

Joe

sam1832

Post by sam1832 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm

joehirth wrote:Nice touches on the car love the lamin-x on the lights. Who did your steering wheel?

Excuse my ignorance too but what's the dice mod? I keep seeing it, seemingly relating to audio/ iPod but can't work out what it stands for :(
Thanks very much,

Yea im impressed with the lamin-x I tried doing it with window tinting film first but couldnt do it as it kept creasing and bubling. The lamin-x is cut to shape so it fits near perfect, i only have one small crease that you cant really notice

I got my steering from this guy: http://royalsteeringwheels.com/ highly recomended

The DIce is just a manufacture for an Ipod adapter: http://diceelectronics.com/support/file ... ice_gs.pdf

it basically plugs into the cd changer wireing and allows you to control and listen to your ipod throught the head unit, you get all the track names etc. on the diplay :thumbsup:
Z4 Project Thread