Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cruise Control - WHICH PIN? ** UPDATE** - coding?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
srhutch

Re: Cruise Control - WHICH PIN? ** UPDATE** - coding?

Post by srhutch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Jamie - Message stuck in outbox just means they havent been collected yet.

Looking at the PDF gannet put up the DME X60002 is a 26 pin black plug and you need to connect to pin 4, but it is easy to read wrong and read it as pin 26 is the one to connect to.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm

glastoveteran wrote:Oh and Steve have you started this yet? And did you get your tappets sorted?

I did indeed, but BMW arent replacing the heads anymore just the HVA's

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... rs#p161535

you having the same issue?

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:22 pm

srhutch wrote:Jamie - Message stuck in outbox just means they havent been collected yet.

Looking at the PDF gannet put up the DME X60002 is a 26 pin black plug and you need to connect to pin 4, but it is easy to read wrong and read it as pin 26 is the one to connect to.
Interesting Mr Bond, Interesting - i want to go and try this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Might give it a blast before i head home from work.....:)
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:25 pm

srhutch wrote:Looking at the PDF gannet put up the DME X60002 is a 26 pin black plug and you need to connect to pin 4, but it is easy to read wrong and read it as pin 26 is the one to connect to.
You're right indeed - didn't have those instructions to hand. But don't get too excited J - pin 4 has something in it as well! :(
Z4MC Silver Grey / Light Sepang / Nav / Logic7 DSP / Intravee / Bluetooth / Cruise / PDC / SPG / Electric folding and dimming mirrors / 19" E46 M3 wheels / Vreds

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:27 pm

glastoveteran wrote:
srhutch wrote:Looking at the PDF gannet put up the DME X60002 is a 26 pin black plug and you need to connect to pin 4, but it is easy to read wrong and read it as pin 26 is the one to connect to.
You're right indeed - didn't have those instructions to hand. But don't get too excited J - pin 4 has something in it as well! :(
baaaa humbug!
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Just phoned an Indi near work and they have quoted around £35+vat for coding. He didnt confirm either way 100% if it is required, but I have a feeling we havent got a choice. :(

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 pm

srhutch wrote:Just phoned an Indi near work and they have quoted around £35+vat for coding. He didnt confirm either way 100% if it is required, but I have a feeling we havent got a choice. :(

Humm - i think we need to be 100% on the wiring 1st :)

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:23 pm

jamiez wrote:
srhutch wrote:Just phoned an Indi near work and they have quoted around £35+vat for coding. He didnt confirm either way 100% if it is required, but I have a feeling we havent got a choice. :(

Humm - i think we need to be 100% on the wiring 1st :)
I agree, but with so many failing to get it working, 100% failure rate so far I think it doesnt look good. :(

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm

srhutch wrote:I agree, but with so many failing to get it working, 100% failure rate so far I think it doesnt look good. :(
You've reminded me that one member was successful - rich291:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 04#p188604

We should be asking him...
Z4MC Silver Grey / Light Sepang / Nav / Logic7 DSP / Intravee / Bluetooth / Cruise / PDC / SPG / Electric folding and dimming mirrors / 19" E46 M3 wheels / Vreds

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:03 pm

have you contacted him yet?

Probably be a 3.0i M54 or a 2.0i, the N52's seem to be the problem.

peartreeproductions

Post by peartreeproductions » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Hope this is of some help. The dealer finished off my cruise some time ago and fitted the famous blue wire for me.

I have just had a look at where he put it; It is fitted to pin out 10 on a black 26 pin plug on my ECU. Photos wont really help much i'm afraid and dont have a manual so not sure what the name of the plug is though.

Cheers

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:32 pm

peartreeproductions wrote:Hope this is of some help. The dealer finished off my cruise some time ago and fitted the famous blue wire for me.

I have just had a look at where he put it; It is fitted to pin out 10 on a black 26 pin plug on my ECU. Photos wont really help much i'm afraid and dont have a manual so not sure what the name of the plug is though.

Cheers

Can you take a picture please so we can see where it is attached (which plug).

Can you also confirm which engine you have.

peartreeproductions

Post by peartreeproductions » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Not keen on pulling it to pieces again as in the middle of moving and dont have the time. The plug was at the bottom of the ECU but i dont suppose that helps as they could easily be mounted either way up.

2.5si which I believe is a N52. From memory when I looked before there were not any duplicates in terms of number of pins and colour - correct me if i am wrong.

Ta

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:47 am

Peartree, thanks for the confirmation on the engine, indeed you have the N52, and that helps me also having the 2.5si, although I guess and hope the 3.0si are the same being N52's also.

If I get change on Monda I will remove the cover and have a look as I want to try this over the xmas break.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Some more info, my source has contacted somebody in the Netherlands who has confirmed the following

blue wire on plug x60002 under the bonnet on pin 4

I need to confirm what engine, but looking at the instructions it was either a N52 or N46