Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Current Z4 Prices

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
SonnyA85

Current Z4 Prices

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:11 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:07 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.
Phew! Dodged a bullet there then!
I was about to take you up on your offer of advising us all how to put all our money into stocks and shares. :rofl:

(Sarcasm, for those that need it pointed out. :wink: )
There are certain stocks which if timed right will 10x your net worth in the space of a year. However 90% of people aren't buying those stocks.
buzyg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:57 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm
Rockhopper wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am If you spot a car enter it’s details into WBAC then add£1000-£1500 to the price and you’ll get a realistic idea of it’s true value. WBAC closely track what the market is doing so their prices tend to be very accurate.
I think the price of petrol is what’s killing used Z4 values at the moment. I bought mine after the first lockdown when petrol was £1.06 a litre. I hardly drive it these days….
Price of petrol is just one part of the calculation.

Interest rate rises (a lot of people have overextended on mortgages). Gas and Leccy increases. Inflation. Impending recession. Smaller amounts of disposable income.

There is a lot of factors affecting the price of them and will do so for a long time to come. If I was looking to sell I would do so immediately because things are going to get significantly worse and will be bad for a long time. The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.

If you are looking to buy wait a year or two and you will be able to trade a mars bar for one (hyperbole for those that need it pointed out).
Got to love an optimist. :lol: :thumbsup:
A realist. I personally can't wait for the recession it's the easiest time to make money in the markets. Short on the way down and long on the way back up.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Current Z4 Prices

Post by buzyg » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:11 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:11 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.
I was about to take you up on your offer of advising us all how to put all our money into stocks and shares. :rofl:

There are certain stocks which if timed right will 10x your net worth in the space of a year. However 90% of people aren't buying those stocks.
buzyg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:57 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm Price of petrol is just one part of the calculation.

Interest rate rises (a lot of people have overextended on mortgages). Gas and Leccy increases. Inflation. Impending recession. Smaller amounts of disposable income.

There is a lot of factors affecting the price of them and will do so for a long time to come. If I was looking to sell I would do so immediately because things are going to get significantly worse and will be bad for a long time. The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.

If you are looking to buy wait a year or two and you will be able to trade a mars bar for one (hyperbole for those that need it pointed out).
Got to love an optimist. :lol: :thumbsup:
A realist. I personally can't wait for the recession it's the easiest time to make money in the markets. Short on the way down and long on the way back up.
Think you are on the wrong forum for that. S & S are a young mans game Z4's are often not, IMHO. Us old folk mostly have what we have and are happy to keep it that way. :wink:

Chippie

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Chippie » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:17 pm

:rofl: :rofl:
I have no doubt a recession is on the cards but let’s hope it’s not as bad as 2008.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Z450

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Z450 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 pm

With regards to Z4 values, I disagree with the WBAC valuations. Typically WBAC offer anywhere from £1000-2000 less than that of a typical trade price for a Z4.

Prices are hard to gauge as they went very high last year, people were not spending lots of money last year on holidays abroad as this year it’s back to normal. There are also far more Z4s on the market this year than there was last year so the supply is exceeding demand some what so making them cheaper.

Personally don’t over think it, by on condition and enjoy 🙂

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:12 pm

After the first lockdown ended in 2020 prices took off, but I think they have peaked now looking at how many advertised on here get reduced.

And how many advertised elsewhere, like on A/T, stay listed for months!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

designoutlaws

Current Z4 Prices

Post by designoutlaws » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 am

Thanks everyone for the replies.

My issue is that I started off with the plan not to be fussy and buy the first 'cheap' well looked after & maintained one, regardless of spec. Well now i'm either looking for something similar to my old car or something quirky. I'm unsure if it was a factory spec'd car but there was a blue over blue car floating around a year or so ago... It looked awful but I want it😂

I'm sure something awfully spec'd will pop up for sale and itll be the one. Just gotta keep a look eye out.

Thanks again everyone!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:26 pm

designoutlaws wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 am I'm sure something awfully spec'd will pop up for sale and itll be the one. Just gotta keep a look eye out.
If you aren't in a rush and plan to keep it that's probably the right way to go - I just don't have the patience. :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Secondtothird

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Secondtothird » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:18 am

Between the climate crisis, the water crisis, the agricultural crisis, the cost of living crisis, the heating fuel crisis, the interest rate crisis, the inflation crisis, the NHS crisis, the education crisis, the housing crisis, the political crisis, the pandemic crisis, the Brexit crisis and the existential threat of a recession and nuclear annihilation, I don't know whether I'll die of a wildfire, a lack of water, a lack of food, a lack of heating this winter, a lack of hospital space, a lack of political stewardship, a lack of savings or a lack of oxygen under a nuclear mushroom cloud, but I'm not looking too far ahead.

Just buy one and enjoy it. :driving:

Owen